this is scandalous, not that godawful song, the thread

Started by Pas, September 15, 2005, 05:57:31 PM

Pas

Say the most blasphemic (sp?) things you think (for real no funny guys) about music.

I think Beck has a single good song on each of his album and the others are crap.

I also think Coldplay is an absolute bore and that Chris Martin is stupid.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

I don't think AC/DC deserves any of the praise they get.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

rustinglass

coldplay is overrated

thanks for this thread, I have been wanting to say this for a while
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Pas

Quote from: GingerI don't think AC/DC deserves any of the praise they get.

Totally.  :yabbse-thumbup:

polkablues

Pavement would be great if Stephen Malkmus wasn't an atrociously bad singer.

And Modest Mouse would be great if they were a completely different band that sounded nothing like they actually do.
My house, my rules, my coffee

squints

Whiskeytown Sucks....and ryan adams will forever suck
Coldplay is offensive

and the postal service is atrocious crap
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

life_boy

Music Confessions:
Elliott Smith is kind of like having a friend of a friend record me some songs he wrote on his guitar and when he gives me the tape I listen to it once and forget about it.

Michael W. Smith's Change Your World is a really good pop album.

Ween has like three songs that don't make me want to hang myself to escape the jarring noises and discordant inanity.

Danny Elfman writes better "Main Themes" than he does entire film scores (as a general rule).

JG

NEON MERCURY

music confessions:

sigur ros sucks...boring....
pavement sucks but malkmus solo owns
wilco [while not my favorite band] is the best american band now.
if you dont like the flaming lip's, "do you realize?" then you suck
nick cave sucks
i was never the type of guy who thougth marilyn manson was cool...i always new he was a douche
death cab for cutie is awful
devendra banharth is awful
coldplay is absolute shit
decemberists/bloc party/postal service suck
layne staley has the coolest most underrrated voice ever..
pink floyd's the wall is the greatest album ever..
hendrix is overrated
mule variations sucks
weezer always was gay
the strokes are borign and every song sounds the same
nirvana is fuckign trash..always have been
sex pistols suck ass and the whole punk music scene has always been annoying shit
neil youngs"i beleive in you" makes me cry..its so damn good

ahhhhhh, that felt good.......thanks pas

Reinhold

the yellow submarine movie is better than the album.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Myxo

All of Green Day's albums blow ass except for their most recent effort. It surprised the hell out of me.

Figure 8

I loathe Lynyrd Skynyrd to an extreme.
And for that matter, I'm not too fond of a lot of the old rock that's being popularized now by stoner teenagers (as mentioned above AC/DC etc.).

modage

Radiohead will never be as good again as they once were.  They will make middling albums with a few good songs and a lot of filler as they become less and less relevant.  Millions of fans will hold on anyways.

BAM!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

We're all going to hate each other by the end of this thread...

:yabbse-thumbup:
My house, my rules, my coffee

RegularKarate

From what I've heard, Jon Brion comes off as a total asshole.

I think Linkin Park is a good band

Brian Wilson's Smile is a complete pile of shit and half the stuff he wrote is fuggin nonsense.

Arcade fire is NOT "like, the best band ever"

Bright Eyes can only write decent music HALF the time

I find Mogwai (the band) absolutely boring