The Arcade Fire

Started by Film Student, December 15, 2004, 12:47:13 PM

Two Lane Blacktop

I've been dutifully playing "Funeral" for a couple of weeks now, and while it's not bad, I can't say that I see what all the fuss is about.  I'm glad I wasn't the only one to see the Talking Heads connection, mainly in the vocals.  I'd rather listen to "Fear Of Music" any day, though.  

2LB
Body by Guinness

Gamblour.

Did anyone see them on Conan? I downloaded their performance, I have to say it was about the weirdest fucking assortment of characters. Those two guys beating on anything that makes noise, the headbanging violinists, the shaky-voiced guitarist.....man that was bizarre. It was unbelievably chaotic (I can't even imagine how they write songs together), but strangely some music was coming through. I bet it makes for a great show. BUT I wouldn't say that I liked them.
WWPTAD?

socketlevel

Quote from: Gamblor not so gone.Did anyone see them on Conan? I downloaded their performance, I have to say it was about the weirdest fucking assortment of characters. Those two guys beating on anything that makes noise, the headbanging violinists, the shaky-voiced guitarist.....man that was bizarre. It was unbelievably chaotic (I can't even imagine how they write songs together), but strangely some music was coming through. I bet it makes for a great show. BUT I wouldn't say that I liked them.

i thought she sounded like shit but everyone else was good.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

modage

yeah i saw it.  i thought they were pretty good.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pedro

they made the cover of time magazine now.

deathnotronic

Quote from: Gamblor Ain'tWorthADollarDid anyone see them on Conan? I downloaded their performance, I have to say it was about the weirdest fucking assortment of characters. Those two guys beating on anything that makes noise, the headbanging violinists, the shaky-voiced guitarist.....man that was bizarre. It was unbelievably chaotic (I can't even imagine how they write songs together), but strangely some music was coming through. I bet it makes for a great show. BUT I wouldn't say that I liked them.

Stefen

well, it's official. OVERRATED.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pedro

Actually, no.  but over publicized.

Stefen

Oh, snap. Do I hear a banner title?! Overcized! Like most of the posters here.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gamblour.

Wow, thanks deathnotronic. That's hilarious.
WWPTAD?

deathnotronic

They're fucking nuts. They're one of the only bands my other message board talks about.

Quote from: kid from my websitethe arcade fire are really good so they can do whatever they want.
:yabbse-rolleyes:  :yabbse-rolleyes:

Jeremy Blackman

Here's a working link to the Conan performance. Pretty interesting, especially the second half.

Pubrick

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanHere's a working link to the Conan performance. Pretty interesting, especially the second half.
thanks, i'll go convulse now..
under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanHere's a working link to the Conan performance. Pretty interesting, especially the second half.

Haha, in some way it reminded me of Slipknot...the singer sounds just like David Byrne.

That girl ruins the whole performance by singing a 100% false and making the harmonica sound like a dying cat.

Gamblour.

Quote from: Sigur Rós
That girl ruins the whole performance by singing a 100% false and making the harmonica sound like a dying cat.

Accordion? But yeah, for some reason her pitchless singing never bugged me. I guess it was easy to pass over for all their theatrics.
WWPTAD?