Upcoming Releases

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 07:13:19 PM

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

w/o horse

Unseen Cinema - Early American Avant Garde Film 1894-1941 (1941)

Directors:
Paul Burnford
Edwin S. Porter
William Vance
Orson Welles
Man Ray
Norman McLaren
Ernst Lubitsch
D.W. Griffith
Charles Vidor
Robert J. Flaherty
William K.L. Dickson
Dudley Murphy
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Ravi

I've wanted to see Norman McClaren's stuff for a while.  He drew images straight onto film.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

This looks badass...  Too bad I'll never see it get released around here.

Will anyone who lives in a bigger city take me in to their home?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

Quote from: MacGuffin on September 13, 2005, 02:47:02 PMPresident's Men is due out in 2006.
Title: All The President's Men
Released: 21st February 2006
SRP: $26.99

Further Details

Warner has announced a two-disc special edition of All The President's Men which tells the story of the Watergate burglary investigation that ultimately brought down the administration of Richard Nixon. The disc will be available to own from the 21st February, and should retail at around $26.99. DVD extras will include a commentary by Robert Redford, a Telling the Truth About Lies: The Making of All the President's Men feature, an Out of the Shadows: The Man Who Was Deep Throat featurette, a Woodward and Bernstein: Lighting the Fire featurette, and a vintage featurette entitled Pressure and the Press: The Making of All the President's Men. Completing the package will be a vintage Jason Robards interview excerpt from Dinah!, hosted by Dinah Shore, and Alan J. Pakula thrillers trailer gallery. Artwork is at the link below: http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=8115&n=1&burl=
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

modage

Ebert recently re-reviewed the film Dark City, and mentioned (at the bottom) how he has recorded a new audio commentary for the "forthcoming director's cut" of the film. http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051106/REVIEWS08/511060302/1023
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

Awesome... I LOVE that movie.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Dark City has been unspecial snapper case 5.99 for a long time now... Don't know why I never bought it, but I guess it paid off.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

awesome.  i've been holding out for all 3 of these.

unfortunately i didnt hold out for this...

Title: The Magnificent Seven
Released: 10th January 2006
SRP: $24.96

Further Details:
Columbia Tristar Home Entertainment has officially announced a collector's edition of The Magnificent Seven which stars ul Brynner, Eli Wallach, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson and Robert Vaughn. The film, mastered in high definition, will be presented in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen, along with both English Dolby Digital 5.1 and Original Mono tracks. Extras will include an audio commentary with actors James Coburn, Eli Wallach and more, a second commentary with a film historian, a Guns for Hire making of documentary, a Christopher Frayling on The Magnificent Seven featurette, an Elmer Bernstein and the Magnificent Seven featurette, a Lost Images from The Magnificent Seven featurette, and a photo gallery.  Cool cover art here: http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/the-magnificent-seven.html

basically, anytime Best Buy has one of those ads where you can get 2 for $20 or 3 for $25 or something.  don't do it. because that almost GUARANTEES every title in there will at some point have a much much better version.  lesson learned, i will move on.

Ravi

Quote from: modage on November 22, 2005, 10:57:06 PM
basically, anytime Best Buy has one of those ads where you can get 2 for $20 or 3 for $25 or something.  don't do it. because that almost GUARANTEES every title in there will at some point have a much much better version.  lesson learned, i will move on.

They once had the Fly and Fly II SEs as well as the Sling Blade SE in their 2 for $20 sale.

modage

Quote from: killafilm on October 15, 2005, 04:49:02 AM
I hate Event Horizon.  Just Sayin.

you spoke and they listened!

Title: Event Horizon
Released: 18th April 2006
SRP: Around $19.99

Further Details:
Paramount Home Entertainment has revealed the street date for the new special edition of Event Horizon which stars the likes of Laurence Fishburne, Sam Neill and Joely Richardson. As well as a brand new anamorphic widescreen transfer and English Dolby Digital 5.1 track, this new set should boast a five-part making of documentary, deleted and extended scenes, concept art, behind the scenes featurettes, and plenty more besides. We'll bring you the full specs and artwork shortly. For now, we can confirm that you'll be able to own it from the 18th April, priced at around $19.99 or thereabouts. Stay tuned for further details.

NEON MERCURY

i thought event horizon was fucking awesome!  in theaters it scared the shit out of me...i wasnt use to seeing all of that gore...and i thought sam neils dead wife was hot...[is she erikas mom in traffic?]...but the cannibalism, suspended mutilations and explosive skin guy all fucked my world up...i cant wait for this dvd....the film is underrated

yeah, this will be my new font

SoNowThen

Peckinpah Box Set out from Warners on Jan 10

Wild Bunch sp. ed.
Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid (studio & director's cut)
Ballad Of Cable Hogue
Ride The High Country

Fuckin' sweetness!!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

MacGuffin

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 22, 2005, 10:45:22 PM
Warner Bros. has set new 2-disc special editions of Dog Day Afternoon and Network for release on 2/28 (SRP $26.99). The two will also be available as part of a Controversial Classics, Volume 2: The Power of Media collection (SRP $59.92) which will also include the new 2-disc All the President's Men. All three titles will include anamorphic widescreen video with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. Extras on Dog Day Afternoon will include audio commentary by director Sidney Lumet, the new 4-part The Making of Dog Day Afternoon documentary (featuring The Story, Casting the Controversy, Recreating the Facts and After the Filming), the vintage Lumet: Film Maker featurette and the film's theatrical trailer. Extras on Network will also include commentary by director Sidney Lumet, along with the 6-part The Making of Network documentary (including The World and Words of Paddy Chayefsky, The Cast and the Characters, Mad As Hell! The Creation of a Movie Moment, The Experience and The Style Network by Walter Cronkite), a vintage interview with Paddy Chayefsky from the Dinah! show, Turner Classic Movies’ Private Screenings featuring Sidney Lumet and the film's theatrical trailer.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks