Dixon's Rap Song???

Started by kassius, January 09, 2004, 07:34:00 PM

kassius

Knowing now that PTA cut out, what I've been told, was a very important scene with Dixon and "The Worm" meeting at a resturant/diner.  I watched him film this scene and you could really watch him get irrated.  

With that scene missing, I still feel that the two characters hold some meaning... especially the scene where Jim looses his gun and turns it into a conversation with Claudia that night.

Still, there is the infamous scene where Linda sits in the car, overdosed, and as the Paramedics take her away and you hear "Dixon" go back over his rap song:

"who eventually turned to catch wreck
with the neck of a long time oppressor
And he's runnin from the devil, but the
debt is always gaining
And if he's worth being hurt, he's worth
bringin' pain in - "

The whole "running from the devil ...  worth being hurt ... worth bringin' the pain in" does, in a way, tie in with each of the characters.  But in Paul's orginal script when Dixon sits in the car, he JUST counts Linda's money from her purse but doesn't rap.  Any reason why he added Dixon's rap towards the end? Did it have anything to do with cancelling out some scenes?

Just curious about everybody's thoughts on this element of the film.

Thanks.

PS:  Whatever happened with Jeremy Blackman?  He seemed like such a talented kid.  Did he just give up on Hollywood or did Hollywood give up on him?

MacGuffin

Quote from: ckad79PS:  Whatever happened with Jeremy Blackman?  He seemed like such a talented kid.  Did he just give up on Hollywood or did Hollywood give up on him?

Are you blind? He's one of the Admins:
http://xixax.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=21
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

kassius

Quote from: Find Your MacGuffali
Quote from: ckad79PS:  Whatever happened with Jeremy Blackman?  He seemed like such a talented kid.  Did he just give up on Hollywood or did Hollywood give up on him?

Why does this make me blind? The guy doesn't post on here... and I have yet to see anything from him since I started writing.

Don't gotta be a dick about it.

Alethia

Quote from: ckad79
Quote from: Find Your MacGuffali

Why does this make me blind? The guy doesn't post on here... and I have yet to see anything from him since I started writing.

Don't gotta be a dick about it.

He has posted 24 times in the past two days.

So... Are you blind?
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Wait guys!

I think he means the child actor, NOT the person who posts here as Jeremy Blackman!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Gamblour.

Oh the misunderstandings that have occurred here.
WWPTAD?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

You'd expect a thread like this to be in Idle Chatter, you know?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Alethia

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoobWait guys!

I think he means the child actor, NOT the person who posts here as Jeremy Blackman!

No way man..

Hey! He's on the board now!  How old is he now?
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

Pubrick

JB's the real one.

he's ugly now.
under the paving stones.