To Newbs, introduce yourself.

Started by Xixax, January 08, 2003, 01:13:48 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Astrosticshould start posting frequently.

It's a bad start to outright admit it.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

The Red Vine

Sorry I haven't introduced myself yet. I live in Mississippi but I'm planning on moving to another state. I'm majoring in journalism and I write for a small newspaper right now. Since I live as far away from indepedent films as possible, I travel to places like Dallas and Houston to see them when I get the chance. It's frustrating to go to the theaters here because every week they'll release the next big dumb money-maker and all the good stuff stays miles away. But hopefully that'll change when I move. Yep....it's an interesting life.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

Reinhold

redvines, meet netflix. netflix, this is redvines.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

The Red Vine

Quote from: Reinhold Messnerredvines, meet netflix. netflix, this is redvines.

that's for DVDs, I have to go out of town to see the indie movies in theaters.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

squints

don't say "indie movies" it's like saying "pitch"
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Reinhold

Quote from: squintsdon't say "indie movies" it's like saying "pitch"

no, it's just talking like other people in "the industry".
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Reinhold Messner
Quote from: squintsdon't say "indie movies" it's like saying "pitch"

no, it's just talking like other people in "the industry".

I think you mean "the biz".
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

ATTENTION :!:  :!:  :!:

It appears that there may be a glitch with the new phpBB update which has caused an annoying problem. When a user changes their email address or password in their profile, their account is deactivated as a security measure and an automated email is sent to them. In the past, they simply went to that email, clicked a link, and went back to posting.

However, with this latest security update, users find that the link given will not reactivate their account at all.

If you plan to make one of these changes to your profile, please contact an admin beforehand so that we can reactivate you once the change is made.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reinhold

i always thought that dogs layed eggs.

and i learned something today.

thanks for the heads-up, mac.

Pwaybloe

polkablues

Quote from: Reinhold Messneri always thought that dogs layed eggs.

and i learned something today.

thanks for the heads-up, mac.

"FG" reference gets a big  :yabbse-thumbup: .  All haters can go straight to hell.
My house, my rules, my coffee

squints

FG forever.

-squints only posts at 2 a.m.

-and drunk  :yabbse-thumbdown:
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

dropsomescience

To get around being asked to break the ice, I say this....
Ice=Broken
BLAM!!

Pubrick

Quote from: dropsomescienceTo get around being asked to break the ice, I say this....
Ice=Broken
explain ur connection to walrus and how many more of his friends intend on coming here..
under the paving stones.

Weird. Oh

how do I get a friend to be able to join? my friend tried like 4 times in the past year but an admin never activated his accounts. What gives? :(
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.