witt's end

Started by Pozer, April 02, 2009, 03:10:05 PM

Kal

I disagree. I mean, we have people with very different personalities but at the end of the day we all share some mutual respect. I get into arguments with pete and Stefen (4th time) constantly in one thread and then we just move on. We are not obsessed with just bothering other users for the pleasure of it.

This idiot has been just pushing everyone around for his own entertainment. He rarely said something smart or interesting or that generated some genuine on-topic discussion. It was always some off-topic retarded comment or critique. And he did cross the line with several things yesterday. Not only he said some stuff that was out of line, but he posted in pretty much every thread. Who the fuck wants to read his bullshit in every discussion?

Anyways, I'm glad he is gone.

picolas

pete/pas rap and any newbs who may stumble upon this: we only banned him when he posted purely to stir shit. in other words we can tolerate stupid, loud, annoying people as long as their basic intention is to add to the discussion, but witt made conscious choices to derail threads and get on people's bad sides just to see what would happen. he decided to be a troll. we cannot tolerate trolls.

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

squints

can this topic be purely to make light of the fact the pubrick is not around anymore?

i mean really. pubrick was the god damned sheriff in these parts and now that he's not around we get people like private witt.

can this thread turn in to a plea for the pubes to come back?

please P. Please come back. I know you visit the site regularly. i don't care if you have a beautiful new wife and kids in Australia's asshole but please come back sir. or at least can we deem a new pube? somethin. please.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

tpfkabi

I guess they mostly posted in thread I didn't read.

Where's an example?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

It's been a while since the last ban.  Private Witt just seemed annoying, and it's not uncommon for me to see a banning as abrupt or surprising, but it's you guys' board.  If you think it facilitates discussion better, you're probably right.  To be honest, he just seemed really innocuous and occasionally provided a biting sense of dialogue to the board.  I didn't see him as agitating as a lot of you did, but then again, I never had to verbally spar with him.  Or her.

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

pete

Quote from: Walrus on April 04, 2009, 12:33:27 AM
It's been a while since the last ban.  Private Witt just seemed annoying, and it's not uncommon for me to see a banning as abrupt or surprising, but it's you guys' board.  If you think it facilitates discussion better, you're probably right.  To be honest, he just seemed really innocuous and occasionally provided a biting sense of dialogue to the board.  I didn't see him as agitating as a lot of you did, but then again, I never had to verbally spar with him.  Or her.

I thought the same thing but I think his last couple of days he was just going around calling people things and trying to be a martyr for some made up cause.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

polkablues

Yeah, he clearly decided that the writing was on the wall and decided to go out in a blaze of glory. Well, not glory, exactly. Whatever the opposite of glory would be. A blaze of ignominy, maybe.

The point is, he knew exactly what he was doing and what the result would be.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

Yeah and I think he is getting a lot more attention that what we deserves. He was a moron so let's just stop talking about him. He's gone.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

NEON MERCURY

yeah the dude had to go. 
u dont fuck w/liam :nono: