Apocalypto

Started by MacGuffin, October 28, 2005, 05:04:16 PM

cine

Quote from: Sunrise on March 23, 2006, 04:21:08 PM
Redvines, I can respect that you don't like The Passion, but to say that he made that film for the simple reason of making a million dollars seems like a stretch.
yeah don't worry, its a lost cause. redvines is an idiot.

The Red Vine

Quote from: Cinephile on March 23, 2006, 04:45:09 PM
Quote from: Sunrise on March 23, 2006, 04:21:08 PM
Redvines, I can respect that you don't like The Passion, but to say that he made that film for the simple reason of making a million dollars seems like a stretch.
yeah don't worry, its a lost cause. redvines is an idiot.

now we've resorted to name calling. nice.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

cine

what? oh, right, yeah your gibson theory is brilliant. and everyone but me agrees with you on it.

yeah, sorry, my mistake.

you're a smartie, filmcritic.

The Red Vine

Quote from: Cinephile on March 23, 2006, 05:04:36 PM
what? oh, right, yeah your gibson theory is brilliant. and everyone but me agrees with you on it.

yeah, sorry, my mistake.

you're a smartie, filmcritic.

it's called a discussion. people might not agree with me and that's fine. but I haven't had anything against you in the past and I don't wanna start now.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

cine

yeah, that's cool. you're being an idiot about your discussion though. that's why everyone's so quick to call you out on it.

and no need to play the innocent card. we all remember this as apart of your classic filmcritic/Quoyle/Finn/Sydney/Insomniac/Small Town Loner/RedVines highlight reel: http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=353.msg209545#msg209545

best of luck with the rest of your discussion. i've said all i wanted to say about it.

NEON MERCURY

red vines, i took up for you in the kids/gummo/harmony korine is a hack piece of shit thread...but i dont agree w/a thing you is saying about gibson....The Passion of the Christ was not intended as a money making machine...can you imagine then pain of dealing w/distribution of this film and the flak you're gonna get in the Jewish controlled hollywood machine?  but my boy stood his ground and made an important film in my opinion..and all those idiots who didnt wanna deal w/the distribution of this film are wishing they did...

red vines, to put it in persepctive for you...imagine fox news having two gay male news anchors who spread strawberry jelly on each others dicks and licking it off while bashing george bush....do you see what i'm getting at...?

this film will be incredible.

Ravi

Quote from: pyramid machine on March 23, 2006, 09:48:02 PM
imagine fox news having two gay male news anchors who spread strawberry jelly on each others dicks and licking it off while bashing george bush....

I'm listening...

hedwig

red vines, i took up for you in the kids/gummo/harmony korine is a hack piece of shit thread...but i dont agree w/a thing you is saying about gibson....The Passion of the Christ was not intended as a money making machine...can you imagine then pain of dealing w/distribution of this film and the flak you're gonna get in the Jewish controlled hollywood machine?  but my boy stood his ground and made an important film in my opinion..and all those idiots who didnt wanna deal w/the distribution of this film are wishing they did...

red vines, to put it in persepctive for you...imagine fox news having two gay male news anchors who spread strawberry jelly on each others dicks and licking it off while bashing george bush....do you see what i'm getting at...?

neon, to put it in perspective for you....imagine a xixax-member posting in a thread without attempting to hijack it as his own platform for spreading deranged, ignorant views..... do you see what i'm getting at....?

nobody said anything about Christianity and frankly, your reasons for loving The Passion are totally irrelevant at this point. in case you didn't know, this is a thread about Mel Gibson's upcoming film Apocalypto, a movie that has nothing to do with Christianity. it's as if you were reading a totally different thread before posting. either that or i guess it just looked like a sweet opportunity to rail against them goddamn jew hollywood bastards and their evil oppression of the good, god-lovin' christians. that pyramid machine, always fightin' the good fight.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Hey, at least we got this wonderful quote out of it:

"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Hedwig on March 23, 2006, 10:36:09 PM

neon, to put it in perspective for you....imagine a xixax-member posting in a thread without attempting to hijack it as his own platform for spreading deranged, ignorant views..... do you see what i'm getting at....?

nobody said anything about Christianity and frankly, your reasons for loving The Passion are totally irrelevant at this point. in case you didn't know, this is a thread about Mel Gibson's upcoming film Apocalypto, a movie that has nothing to do with Christianity. it's as if you were reading a totally different thread before posting. either that or i guess it just looked like a sweet opportunity to rail against them goddamn jew hollywood bastards and their evil oppression of the good, god-lovin' christians. that pyramid machine, always fightin' the good fight.

red vines, dont worry i am hated here more than you :ponder:

cant  a brother have a lil tongue and cheek humor?  i know this mayan flick doesn thave anything to do w/ Chrisitanity...my points:

1.) gibson deserves everyones respect for making the ultimate inde film
2.) most people besides religious zealots were against this film and wanted nothing to do w/it..but yet it became an incredible artistic and profitable hit
3.)  i am super cool!

pete

god, it's everyone jumping on redvines all over again.  I still don't understand what the thrill behind it all is.  Gibson does sound a bit phony in this new movie.  the concept of an American director yelling at these native actors as they re-enact their ancestors' colossal mistake to teach the world a lesson about our green Earth sounds a tadbit superficial to me.  Isn't this a Herzog and Malick-love board?  How can you dig this kind of crap concept when there are giants like herzog and malick around?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

cine

Quote from: pete on March 24, 2006, 12:41:21 AM
god, it's everyone jumping on redvines all over again.  I still don't understand what the thrill behind it all is.

its about just as much a 'thrill' as everyone on the board (including you) jumping on neon. both of them have been on the forum the same length of time so please don't make this an issue of 'newb hazing', if thats what you're doing.

pete

did you just equate neo-conservative propaganda to hating mel gibson?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

cine

Quote from: pete on March 26, 2006, 06:48:04 PM
did you just equate neo-conservative propaganda to hating mel gibson?
i equated idiocy to idiocy..  :yabbse-undecided:

MacGuffin

APOCALYPTO Now Delayed
Perhaps looking to capitalize on next year's awards season, Disney decides to push Gibson's Apocalypto back until Dec. 8.
Source: FilmStew.com

Trailers have already hit theatres across the country, but now The Walt Disney Co. has announced that it's pushing back the release date for Mel Gibson's next directing effort, Apocalypto. The film was originally slated to bow in late summer, but it will now be positioned during the holiday season and, maybe unintentionally, right in the heart of awards season.

Had it rolled out on August 4 as planned, the Mayan-language drama faced competition from the Will Ferrell comedy Talladega Nights as well as the animated comedy Ant Bully. With the move to December 8, however, it will go up against the latest Nancy Meyers comedy, The Holiday, and the McG football drama We Are Marshall, from Warner Bros.

While Apocalypto was facing some production delays, Disney is more than likely betting that the epic drama will fare better against the December competition. The Mouse House hasn't totally given up on August, however. It will now be dropping the dance romancer Step Up on August 11 and will be moving the Mark Wahlberg-starring football drama Invincible from January up to August 25.

Gibson's Apocalypto centers on the fall of the once great Mayan Empire. Gibson wrote the script with Farhad Safinia and also produced under his Icon Productions banner.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks