Started by Finn, June 09, 2005, 12:21:15 AM

you gotta lick it
before we kick it
you gotta get it soft and wet
so we can kick it

boom, badararara, boom, badararara
context, context, context.

Tryskadekafobia

Quote from: RegularKarateThe album was even worse (yes, I had the album).

I still have a small spot in my heart for the song "Motherfucker."

Quote from: RegularKarate
Does anyone remember Headbanger's Ball?  That and the good hip-hop was where the early nineties was at.

Add 120 Minutes and I agree wholeheartedly.

Quote from: RegularKarateAnd why? why? why would anyone ever bring up Walking in Memphis again? oh fuck, I thought I had that out of my head forever... so terrible.

Ah!  My first experience with the ill-fated of curse of "Best New Artist Grammy" jinx.  I wonder whatever happened to that guy?

Gamblour.

Ahh 120 minutes. With Matt baldy what's his name. You know. He knew his friggin shit.
WWPTAD?

Pubrick

Quote from: RegularKarateWhy are all these lists full of shit bands?
admittedly, i was listing out of nostalgia. i was a little kid in those years.
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

Yeah - when I was 13 and that Primitive Radio Gods song came out, I thought it was some deep stuff (never got the album, though). That and The Cranberries 'No Need To Argue.'

Then I discovered the Smashing Pumpkins and NIN and that's all I listened to until I was eighteen, more or less.

Myxo

Quote from: GhostboyYeah - when I was 13 and that Primitive Radio Gods song came out, I thought it was some deep stuff (never got the album, though). That and The Cranberries 'No Need To Argue.'

Then I discovered the Smashing Pumpkins and NIN and that's all I listened to until I was eighteen, more or less.

I listened to Smashing Pumpkin's "Infinate Sadness.." double album over and over again while I was working as a cook. It was a 2 mile walk from my home and for a good 2-3 months I just listened to that album.

Pas

White Town - (i could never be) "your woman" is a great choice P I had totally forgotten this song and am now enjoying it's listen.

Thrindle

Boy George - The Crying Game

and does anyone remember the song Sleeping Satellite by Tasmin Archer?
Classic.

RegularKarate

I keep forgetting you guys are all a little younger than me (a few years makes a big difference when you're in the 10-20 range).  I wasn't really referring to your lists anyway... mainly 90s lists in general.

Some other officially 90s bands:
-The Cranberries: "Zah-hombies Zah-hombies Zah-hombee-ya-ee-ya-ee-ya"
-The Offspring (Christ, I hated these guys, but in retrospect, they had a couple catchy ones before they went to total shit)
-Faith No More... brought so much to the table... get's almost no respect now.

Myxo

Quote from: RegularKarateI keep forgetting you guys are all a little younger than me (a few years makes a big difference when you're in the 10-20 range).  I wasn't really referring to your lists anyway... mainly 90s lists in general.

I was 13 (8th grade I think) in 1990 so that entire decade is pretty easy to talk about..

I know it's unrelated to the topic of music in the 90s, but who remembers the first Gulf War on TV?

Bethie

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: BethieEdie Brickell- What I Am just started playing on my playlist.

ohhh you...

thanks dj
who likes movies anyway

MacGuffin

Quote from: Bethieohhh you...

thanks dj

Sorry, but 80's music is what I know. 80's are a friend of mine. And 90's, you are no 80's.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

The Perineum Falcon

I was hoping to be black for about half this decade.
That never came to fruition.
Before that I was listening to my parents' music and country.
But I do recall 94/95 being a stellar year for music.
Perhaps my years are off, my ears certainly were.
So, I've lately been catching up ever so slowly with all the bands that I've missed.
I do, however, think I've learned my lesson and my tastes have vastly improved and they suit me perfect now (with some aid from xixax).
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: MacGuffinAnd 90's, you are no 80's.

That's quite a compliment to the 90's.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

context, context, context.