overdone comedy routines from non-funny people

Started by pete, July 08, 2004, 03:01:31 PM

Ravi

Quote from: ranemaka13There's this one guy who's done one or two stand-up shows for Comedy Central that I absolutely despise. When just seeing him on screen I am consumed in red hot seering hatred. He's the guy who starts to tell a joke, but by the end of it he either a) gets out of breath or b) thinks that what he's about to say is so funny he tries to hold back the laughter while still talking. And he does this for EVERY SINGLE JOKE, without fail. He's balding too. I think. And he looks like the dad on ALF, if that helps.

Anyone have any idea who this guy is?

Does he have a Southern and/or gay accent?  Your description sounds familiar.

Quote from: NEON MERCURYi think i can speak for everyone in that this guys act is the most overused and just plain annoying........his sh*t is so phucking unfunny and embarrasing its sad.....he reminds me of that guy in high school that sat next to you in history class and would make these stpuid jokes and keep turing around to look at you to see if you were laughing with him every 5 seconds...........

I knew that kid.  I hated that kid.

Another overused routine:  "...you might be a redneck."

As for the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, I watched the "Git 'er done" guy's special, and it was not funny.  Maybe it is a cultural thing.  I thought Ron White was the best one on the BCC.  Foxworthy and the other guy were okay.

pete

Quote from: ranemaka13There's this one guy who's done one or two stand-up shows for Comedy Central that I absolutely despise. When just seeing him on screen I am consumed in red hot seering hatred. He's the guy who starts to tell a joke, but by the end of it he either a) gets out of breath or b) thinks that what he's about to say is so funny he tries to hold back the laughter while still talking. And he does this for EVERY SINGLE JOKE, without fail. He's balding too. I think. And he looks like the dad on ALF, if that helps.

Anyone have any idea who this guy is?

you sure it's holding back the laughter?  'cause there's a guy that kinda fits that description, but he sounds more like he's about to cry at every routine, biting on his knucles and such.

speaking of comedy central presents, I can't stand Dane Cook!  I don't know why people love him so much.  I hate routines where a guy talks about how crazy he acted to strangers and how the normal strangers react to his craziness.  That shit is not funny unless there's a camera, and most time even that's barely funny.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ravi

Quote from: petespeaking of comedy central presents, I can't stand Dane Cook!  I don't know why people love him so much.  I hate routines where a guy talks about how crazy he acted to strangers and how the normal strangers react to his craziness.  That shit is not funny unless there's a camera, and most time even that's barely funny.

Sweet sauce all over my body.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: RaviDoes he have a Southern and/or gay accent?  Your description sounds familiar.
No accent that I can remember. Of course, I try to block out as much of that beast as I can.

Quote from: peteyou sure it's holding back the laughter?  'cause there's a guy that kinda fits that description, but he sounds more like he's about to cry at every routine, biting on his knucles and such.
It could possibly be seen as that. Gotta lead on 'im?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

pete

- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Bethie

Quote from: petejeremy hotz.

Ha. I love him. He's "miserable."

What I cannot stand is the black comedians that talk about how different black and white people are. How their momma yelled all the time and they had to listen or they'd get a beatin'! Also the 'men-and-woman-are-SO-different' routine.

And the comedians that scream at you. As if the reason you are not laughing is because you could not hear. No, we can hear, you're just not funny.

Gah. Hyper-ness is another one. All over the stage...yelling, screaming, acting shit out. Damn, if your joke is not funny on it's own, and you have to act it out- you should find another career.
who likes movies anyway

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: petejeremy hotz.
That's not him!
My God, do you know what this means, Man?!
It means there's two of 'em out there!

The horror....the horror...

And I'd like to add the Sklar brothers and Amazing Jeremy or something.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

El Duderino

i hate jokes about how men are lazy assholes.

interesting sidenote: they're usually told by southern men
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Pas

Random Female Comedian : 'So last night my husband wants to have sex. 2 minutes later, when he's done [laughter], I start to talk to him and he's ASLEEP [insanity in the crowd] ... so then I go to the toilet, I sit down, and the seat was lifted ! [hilarity ensues]...'

Or anything that starts with : 'Have you ever noticed how men and women are different ! Here are a couple of hilarious differences that'll make you say : 'SO TRUE''

Ravi

Quote from: ranemaka13
And I'd like to add the Sklar brothers and Amazing Jeremy or something.

The Amazing Johnathan?

Stories about being drunk or high are generally not interesting.

pete

Quote from: Bethie
What I cannot stand is the black comedians that talk about how different black and white people are.

remember in the simpsons when Homer wanted to be a standup and he wrote "white people have names like 'Lenny' and black people have names like 'Carl.'"
- Buster Keaton

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Pas RapportRandom Female Comedian : 'So last night my husband wants to have sex. 2 minutes later, when he's done [laughter], I start to talk to him and he's ASLEEP [insanity in the crowd] ... so then I go to the toilet, I sit down, and the seat was lifted ! [hilarity ensues]...'

Probably the worst EVER.

Also, whenever any comedians have to dress up like women, fat people, fat women, white people, fat white people, fat white women, or the mentally handicapped.  The only comedian in the last 20 years that has been able to play any of those roles and still be genuinely funny is Eddie Murphy, and even he couldn't do it anymore since his brother Charlie is now in possession of the Murphy Family Funny.

Quote from: hacksparrow

Probably the worst EVER.

Also, whenever any comedians have to dress up like women, fat people, fat women, white people, fat white people, fat white women, or the mentally handicapped.  

It is as if you were describing this Mexican comedian:

Adal Ramones.

He used to make me laugh, 5 years ago.  After two years of repeating the same jokes.... he got annoying. I hear he still does the same jokes.

Oh, and he's the owner of the Krispy Kreme  franchise at Mexico.
context, context, context.

meatball

George W. Bush as President of the United States