The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

Reel

Quote from: 72teeth on May 22, 2012, 03:34:30 PM
"Cruise "had issues" with some parts of the movie"

show it to Travolta, give him a nice little handy after and this will all get smoothed over.

Pozer

Quote from: Pubrick on December 03, 2009, 01:00:29 AM
intelligibleoxicated thoughts
on the tease..........................................

love the distinctive look of this thing

idk what's happening in that 65cam but such a 50's vibe giving off there in those images :inlove:  Malware Jr., what a fresh choice for this, gives it almost a European vibe.

freddie got interrogated; like pdl, his reactions like barry w/lena at restaurant and the likes.

torpedo juice is brilliant. only pt  can come up with this stuff, shifting around down there, like plainview in the derrick. dont talk, just...yeeah 

jonny's music makes the teaser, adds lots and lots to the kubrickian vibe. vibe. vi.be.

SPOILER FROM THE PLAY BY PLAY FOR NITPICKY JER BLACKS WHO WILL BUTT IN AND EDIT MY POST IF I DONT LABEL AS SUCH

masturbating on beach sandlove; sounds pdl-like too barry phone-love angry toby n. tucker.violence knuckle love. 

Quote from: Pubrick on December 03, 2009, 01:00:29 AM

intelligible thoughts to resume round the campfire

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Pozer on May 22, 2012, 10:11:08 PMSPOILER FROM THE PLAY BY PLAY FOR NITPICKY JER BLACKS WHO WILL BUTT IN AND EDIT MY POST IF I DONT LABEL AS SUCH

Needs to be underlined.

O.

I'd just like to show my appreciation for this shot composition. Seems like it's taking directly from Kubrick's obsession with setting up shots in symmetrical triangles. Also note  the red lights in the background also framing that triangle like a boss.
superb

P Heat

So its 4:00am and I go watch "the master" teaser before i go to bed, and i realize something.

WHY IS IT NOT IN 2:20:1??  And in a type of 1:85.1 style???  I have a 23' inch wide screen monitor and this is how i see it.  I want to see how the fish eye shot looks like in 2.20, or 2.35 even!
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

Pozer

you out there, pubrick?

polkablues

Man, it didn't take long for us to stop talking about that. I blame all the "no spoilers" people.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

i'm writing a longish post in reply to pozer's poignant question.

but in the meantime, and because i want people to read it once i post, it would be a good idea to get rid of the spoiler tag on the thread. it's not necessary to taint a whole thread when only a few posts are spoilerish.. and even then just about the least spoiling spoilers ever.

until the movie comes out and a thread for those who have seen it is created, spoilers can be marked locally within posts.. no need to block out a whole thread.
under the paving stones.

P Heat

"I've seen 90 minutes of his new one. It's just good. It's not really about Scientology. It just takes place in the '50s. "

there you have it i guess.

http://daily.greencine.com/archives/008254.html
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

Find Your Magali

I'm certainly up for a field trip to Venice. I'll sell my collection of 1980s baseball cards to fund it.

Pubrick

^ Find your magali makes his annual xixax appearance!

Back in the hole you go..
under the paving stones.

polkablues

I'm actually in Venice right now. If they can get the movie here before 6 pm local time today, I'm set.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Find Your Magali

Quote from: Pubrick on May 29, 2012, 11:04:40 PM
^ Find your magali makes his annual xixax appearance!

Back in the hole you go..

Sadly, I don't have much time to watch or write about movies any more. The good news is that PTA's running speed is just perfect for me, as I get to the theater about once every 3-4 years. Looks like I'm due for a field trip around October. 

Reel