Xixax Mixtape Exchange

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, July 05, 2010, 10:55:50 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Honestly this challenge was pretty lame once I started trying to make the list.  I don't expect to die in epic circumstances, nor do I listen to music that facilitates that.

I mostly just get my heart broken and break hearts.  Let's go back to that.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pwaybloe

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Neil

Quote from: // w ø l r å s on August 24, 2010, 02:12:02 PM
Honestly this challenge was pretty lame once I started trying to make the list.  I don't expect to die in epic circumstances, nor do I listen to music that facilitates that.

I mostly just get my heart broken and break hearts.  Let's go back to that.

Neat imagination and quite an outgoing personality.  My life only consists of girls!
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

jtm

i created this theme, and had some good idea's for a mix, but the twist that was added i'm not a fan of... so i'm gonna pass.

go back to your whiny, crybaby, sad, chick music.

polkablues

Ugh, you people are all taking the "theme" way too literally. Just make a badass rock mix and share it already!
My house, my rules, my coffee

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: polkablues on August 27, 2010, 03:03:00 AM
Ugh, you people are all taking the "theme" way too literally. Just make a badass rock mix and share it already!

That I will do.  Expect a mix in the next couple days.

cronopio 2

HALLOWEEN MIXTAPE.
you have til friday

rules: no monster mash.

polkablues

squints

BUMP!

The Squintessential Summer Mixtape

Tracklist:
1. "Here Comes the Sun" - Wise Blood
2. "Stunts" - Teams
3. "Sutphin Boulevard" - Blood Orange
4. "Waves" - Teen Daze
5. "Vanessa" - Grimes
6. "Portofino" - Teengirl Fantasy
7. "You and I" - Washed Out
8. "Photojournalist" - Small Black
9. "Black Chow" - Big Spider's Back
10. "Hammock" - Millionyoung
11. "Killin' the Vibe (Feat. Panda Bear)" - Ducktails
12. "In the Water" - Beat Connection
13. "Waves Imagination" - Lone
14. "White Folding Slowly (Into Blue Remix)" - DJ Nobody
15. "Don't Make Me Laugh" - Big Spider's Back
16. "Stick to My Side (Walls Version)" - Pantha Du Prince

------------------------------------------

So i imagine this mix won't be for everyone. There's a lot of instrumental-type stuff on here but also some pretty catchy pop stuff. Some might find it repetitive but its the kinda shit that I've been diggin on these days.
Most of the songs are from 2010 and 2011. I know its probably too big to fit on a CD-R but if you like some of it i guess you can pick an choose.

and there seems to be a Teen/Wave/Water/Blood Vibe goin on....whatevs...

Enjoy these jams that have gotten me through the past three weeks of 100+ degree heat roun these parts.

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

polkablues

Yay, mixtapes!  Thanks for bumping.  This was a thread that died tragically young.  I'll give yours a listen, and try and whip up a list of my own summer jams over the weekend.

Quote from: squints on July 15, 2011, 10:29:56 PM
and there seems to be a Teen/Wave/Water/Blood Vibe goin on....whatevs...

Fits with your avatar/cover art.

cronopio 2