Idle Chatter Explanation?

Started by Banky, November 25, 2003, 07:26:17 PM

Reinhold

personally, i like the new "small talk..." title.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

molly

Quote from: Walrus, Kookookajoob
Quote from: Pedro el Fascolomisi think the threads were getting a bit riddiculously pointless...hey, it's idle chatter, but a lot was just unnecessary.

That's what made it good, IMO.  People need to vent their ridiculousness somewhere...woould you rather it happened in Now Playing?

You are underestimating ridiculousness. Best ideas come to mind when you are idly chatting with your friend, or dishwashing.

Jeremy Blackman

On this fateful day, aclockworkjj has been banned.

This is an issue we've been dealing with for months. After much introspection, countless admin debates, and private dialogue with aclockworkjj (including warnings), we came to this decision.

His method was to make friends and enemies, attempting to split this place into factions, as did Pantalones before him. He conducted campaigns of ass-kissing (especially toward us admins) while conducting campaigns of personal hatred and corrosive disrespect. We believe he was dragging Xixax down into a place it never should have gone, a place it doesn't want to go.

Everything we held sacred has been victim to perversion by aclockworkjj at one time or another, and we strongly believe Xixax is better without him.

Let me make it clear that this is not some kind of ominous warning. We've done this because we value what we have and don't want to lose it. This decision was not made in spite of other members, but for the sake of other members.

Now it's time to come back together. It starts today.

- the administration

cbrad
Ghostboy
Jeremy Blackman
MacGuffin
mogwai
P
picolas
RegularKarate

Banky

Being that he is the person i am closes to on this board i do not know what to say.

I just want everyone to know that this place meant a lot to him.  I have had several off XIXAX conversations with him and he really liked it here and most everyone here.

I think that you guys handeled it wrong and it should not have come to this.

I dont want to start lashing out so, well i dont know.....................

Moment of Zen

Today's the day we celebrate the slaying of the lamb
the laughter of the children as they eat the christmas ham
the ceasing of the cycle of the gods that bless and damn
the joyful revolution for extinction of the spam
judicious liberation of the astral traffic jam
the cleaning of the cloak before the physical exam

Banky

Quote from: Moment of ZenToday's the day we celebrate the slaying of the lamb
the laughter of the children as they eat the christmas ham
the ceasing of the cycle of the gods that bless and damn
the joyful revolution for extinction of the spam
judicious liberation of the astral traffic jam
the cleaning of the cloak before the physical exam

get out of here with that fucking bull shit

freakerdude

The short time I have been here, I have only seen the good side of acjj. I liked him a lot and responded to many of his posts, and he responded to mine.

I can't say I know anything about what's going on so I'll just leave it at that.
MC Pee Pants

Moment of Zen

the citrus in the stomach churning acids to and fro
the soft anticipation of the bladder for its flow
the stinging indigestion with its monsters down below
the complicated fusion of the quiet status quo
the shaking of the forehead of the surgeon of the beaux
the skillful amputation of a gangrenated toe
the lingering of feeling in appendage fading slow
the calming of the waters as they polinate and grow
the cushions of the furniture within the old bordeaux
the feeding of the infants from the teet of melting snow

Gamblour.

Quote from: Moment of Zenthe citrus in the stomach churning acids to and fro
the soft anticipation of the bladder for its flow
the stinging indigestion with its monsters down below
the complicated fusion of the quiet status quo
the shaking of the forehead of the surgeon of the beaux
the skillful amputation of a gangrenated toe
the lingering of feeling in appendage fading slow
the calming of the waters as they polinate and grow
the cushions of the furniture within the old bordeaux
the feeding of the infants from the teet of melting snow

the rambling of those who'd like to think they're the next Poe

lol sorry, had to. Anyway, wtf?
WWPTAD?

SHAFTR

Although I did like aclockworkjj, I do see your point.  He is on my AOL list so I will continue to talk to him.  I obviously didn't agree with everything he posted, and sometimes it did seem like he was trying to start a fight.  I'm not angry or am I happy.

Although I think he is the only one on here who follows the Wisconsin Badgers.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Moment of Zen

the fast imagination of a patient dog in heat
the clumsy composition of a short symphonic suite
the faithful inhilation of a winter weather sleet
the tragical confusion of which things I should excrete
the misinterpretation of the tenderness of meat
the quick exchange of white bread for the kind that's made of wheat

Banky

i guess im the only one that dosent agree here?

an admin needs to change the name of this thread because many will not know about JJ ban if it is in this thread

freakerdude

Quote from: Bankyi guess im the only one that dosent agree here?

an admin needs to change the name of this thread because many will not know about JJ ban if it is in this thread
I'm with you on this, as in my post up above a few. Like I said, I don't know the situation like you guys or the admins do. He'd be the only one on here besides me at 3 to 4am every night. I'd like to see it rescinded but I have zero clout here.

A portion of this thread posted under a different topic so others will know is a good idea.
MC Pee Pants

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanOn this fateful day, aclockworkjj has been banned.

....well i thought i ought to chime in since the "other thread" was locked and i have been gone for a while.....also eveyone else has been saying their 2 cennts.....and here unnder the the free speech admennnment which Michael Moore, JJ, I(NEON), Xixax adminnn's, and regulars uphold......and i thought it  would create much nnneeded irony to add the Michael Moore reference sinnce ..it was possibly the final nail in the coffin for JJ's bannnnishment on the that thread the TCG Mooooooooo started......and who doesnn't love IRONNY????????????????????????????????????????.......

alright......i  personally like JJ.....he and slobh were the first to welcome  me to this board back in may......so YES ...I FFEEL BAD THAT HE IS GONE/BANNNNED......but i donnn't think the admoins are a strict regime or annything so...WHAT THEY DID MUST HAVE BEEN IN THE BEST INNTERESTS OF XIXAX.......

that is all.....