Friday Night Lights

Started by RegularKarate, October 10, 2006, 07:57:24 PM

diggler

great premiere, feels like a whole new show. it's hard to discuss without spoilers because many people won't get to see it until next year, but it's as good as ever.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Kal

This is such an amazing show. I love it.

I was thinking that I have the feeling Saracen's grandma is gonna die soon. He will end up going to that school in Chicago or something. I have no basis for this but I feel its coming.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

I got two more episodes to go in season one and it's a pretty good show. I thought it was SPIKEtv type garbage, but it's more HBO.

The episode where Matt and Julie are going to have sex was the best. Matt says, "does this mean we don't have to have sex?" haha. 
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

Should I jump on this bandwagon now?
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Stefen

It's a solid show. It can get a little corny but overall it's solid and it's heart is in the right place.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

And it keeps getting better.  There are a few stumbles early in the second season, but it recovers nicely.  The third season is perfection, and the fourth season is equally great so far.

Stefen

Minka Kelly is really pretty. Just stunning.

I just got to the part where coach Taylor takes that college football job. Turned it off because I want to watch the last two eps of the season tonight at home with some beers. I've been watching them on my iPhone at work. They're available to stream instantly on netflix. The first season at least.

Kal

I'm glad this thread is alive and you guys are starting to watch and get into it. This is by far my favorite show and I love every minute of it. Each episode is perfect and the characters are great.

I've never seen another show where they close arcs for characters so well and they introduce new characters also without making it abruptly so that everyone hates them.

Stefen

Is this show done? What's the deal? This season has really been great but they haven't shown a new episode in over a month, it seems.

The last two episodes of season three coupled with the first episode of season four could be called perfect.

polkablues

Supposedly there was a new episode tonight, so it should be hitting the torrents in a day or two.  And I totally agree with you; the second-to-last episode of season three in particular is as good as television gets.  It makes me sick that people still lump this show in with One Tree Hill.

©brad

Mad Men schmad men. This is my favorite show right now.

I recently caught up with this over Christmas. I don't know where they found all of these kids but I'd put this ensemble up against any other tv cast in the past decade. It's one of the most honest portrayals of high school I have ever seen. So compelling and authentic and well-written and not overdone and sweet and just totally awesome.

My only real beef (and perhaps this is the stumble you're referring to Polka, or perhaps not) is-

spoilies....

When Tara and Landry kill the rapist, and the subsequent police investigation. Felt very movie of the week and out of place.

I can't wait for the season 4 finale, and the inevitable Lion/Panther showdown (and by the way, what a ballsy and awesome move they made at the start of season 4! This is a perfect example of how a show can take a new turn without jumping the shark).

Oh also, I just found out two of the writers on season 4 (Rolin Jones and Ron Fitzgerald) are long-time writers on Weeds, my other favorite show. And I remember in an episode in season 5, alanis morissette's character tells Andy on their date she'd rather curl up in her PJs and watch a box set of FNL. Hah.

polkablues

Quote from: Stefen on January 07, 2010, 01:43:56 AM
Is this show done? What's the deal? This season has really been great but they haven't shown a new episode in over a month, it seems.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5267133/Friday_Night_Lights_S04E08_HDTV_XviD-RED_%5Beztv%5D

Quote from: ©brad on January 07, 2010, 09:22:43 AM
My only real beef (and perhaps this is the stumble you're referring to Polka, or perhaps not) is-

spoilies....

When Tara and Landry kill the rapist, and the subsequent police investigation. Felt very movie of the week and out of place.

That's the one.  They handled it as well as they could have, and they wisely moved on from it like it never happened, but the whole thing felt like something out of an entirely different show.  The only upside was we got to see lots of Glenn Morshower as Landry's dad.

Stefen

Thanks.

Pretty lackluster episode but it's all building up to an epic finale. You know the E. Dillon is going to play the Panthers this season. I just wonder how it's going to happen. Is E. Dillon going to be terrible all season or do they get good and play the Panthers in a meaningful game? Can't wait to find out. Also, I hope Matt comes back. He helped make this show genuine. I can't wait to see where this seasons ends up.

Stefen

This last episode was great. Plus it had both Wallace AND Dangelo Barksdale from The Wire.