The 2007 Xixax Awards: NOMINATE!

Started by modage, February 01, 2007, 08:05:18 AM

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: picolas on February 02, 2007, 05:23:29 PM
remember Scanner Darkly is eligible for Best Animated.

i think

Really? I wouldn't think so just because it wasn't originally an animated movie. I don't know, maybe that doesn't mean much though.

picolas

it officially is. conceptually it was almost always an animated movie. and it ended up being an animated movie.

squints

I hope a scanner darkly is eligible for best animated. its a sad day when the only animated films the oscars could come up with are aimed primarily to kids. I'm only slightly interested in Monster House just from what others on this board have said about it but it pains me not to be able to vote for Paprika because i probably won't see it for another year!
Cars
Monster House
Happy Feet
A Scanner Darkly....
am I missing any others?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

MacGuffin

...we will be accepting your ballots.

So get them in!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

OrHowILearnedTo

Shouldn't Abigail Breslin, Adriana Barraza, Rinko Kikuchi, and Jackie Earle Haley be catergorized as supporting roles, not leading?

picolas

modage

no, they shouldnt.  thats academy politics bullshit.

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on March 21, 2006, 01:31:33 PM
Our "performance" and "supporting performance" categories have caused quite a bit of confusion in the past. The Xixax Awards define these categories a little differently. Notice that we don't have a "leading" category. In other words, performances are performances, and "supporting" performances should really truly be supporting. A supporting performance in the Xixax Awards is usually smaller than a supporting performance in the Oscars.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

OrHowILearnedTo

MacGuffin

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION:

Best Actress - Laura Dern; INLAND EMPIRE
Best Original Music - INLAND EMPIRE
Best Sound - INLAND EMPIRE
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

i'm voting for it, and i havn't even seen it!
under the paving stones.

modage

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION:

BEST SUPPORTING MALE PERFORMANCE
Lucas Haas - Brick

and in all other categories including...
BEST FILM
BEST DEBUT FILM
BEST SOUND
BEST ORIGINAL MUSIC
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alexandro

what about djimon hounsu in blood diamond?

picolas

polkablues

As long as we're all bringing up trailers for consideration, consider Running Scared.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

Quote from: polkablues on February 11, 2007, 04:15:31 AM
As long as we're all bringing up trailers for consideration, consider Running Scared.

i'm running scared from all this brick love.
under the paving stones.