The simpsons vrs other cartoons (official simpsons thread)

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, May 18, 2003, 08:07:36 PM

hedwig

it's odd that lisa's necklace is showing but her mouth isn't.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

These news cases suck.  Very odd shape, doesn't fit well on my DVD rack, and god damn it, what about MY needs!?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

Quote from: w a l r u sThese news cases suck.  Very odd shape, doesn't fit well on my DVD rack, and god damn it, what about MY needs!?

Quote from: On Page 7, MacGuffinThose of you who happened to pick up 20th Century Fox's The Simpsons: The Complete Sixth Season today will find a little card inside your packaging... "For all those that fear change." Basically, if you don't like the new "character head" packaging, Fox is offering to send you (for the cost of the postage) replacement packaging for the Season 6 set that matches the packaging for Seasons 1-5. All you have to do is call 1-888-223-2369 for instructions (the insert mistakenly says it's a 1-800 number - it's not), OR visit the special www.simpsonsbox.com website the studio has created to handle the replacement program.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

Is there a picture of those alternate boxes out there?

And the dvd packaging, while looking nice on the outside, is just a horrible mess inside. How'd they ever think people would like it or that it would be easy to use?
WWPTAD?

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

hedwig

Quote from: GamblourIs there a picture of those alternate boxes out there?

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

hedwig

Quote from: DVD Answers
The [seventh] season will be available in both a limited edition molded pack in the shape of Marge Simpson's head, as well as the standard packaging.

©brad

fellow xixaxers-- i desperately need your help.

i am looking for a clip (an MPEG would be great) from the episode when Homer goes to see a financial planner (it's that woman character who always play the lawyer/advisor/accountant role in the show). the scene goes something like this:

FINANCIAL PLANNER: Well, Mr. Simpson, it looks like you're going to have to declare bankruptcy ... several times. The interesting thing is-- you'll continue to lose money even after your death.
HOMER: What should I do?
FINANCIAL PLANNER: I'm a financial planner, not a financial consultant. Now, I'd like my fee please?

i've scoured Simpsons sites and my own collection and have been unable to find it. any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! (i'll even try to somehow work in a 12-pack of beer to the person who can find it)

cine

your best bet is downloading a good torrent of season 12, keeping "Homer vs. Dignity" and converting it from .avi to .mpeg.

http://www.torrentz.com/torrent_143983.html [theres links to other torrent sites from this one too]

MacGuffin

Gervais: "'Simpsons' Role Was Dream Come True"

British funnyman Ricky Gervais has hailed his cameo on cult cartoon The Simpsons as the pinnacle of his comedic career. The Office and Extras star, who refers to the Matt Groening-created show as "the greatest TV comedy of all time," admits he's still in shock at the opportunity to appear alongside his yellow heroes. He tells the New York Daily News, "It was like I'd won a competition. I'm genuinely worried that Hollywood got together and talked to my doctors and found out I've only got a few months to live and said, 'Just let him do what he wants to do.' I'm in awe of (The Simpsons) and have been for at least 10 years. When I first got into comedy, my ambition was to get a joke on The Simpsons. So to write and star in one is ridiculous. Remarkably, I've got to a place where I'm cherry-picking jobs and I'm cherry-picking jobs (with) my heroes. I mean, really! The Simpsons!" Gervais' episode airs on March 26 and sees Homer and long-suffering spouse Marge picked for a wife-swap reality show.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

polkablues

Well, it might redeem that one episode, anyway.

Last Sunday, the most horrible thing happened.  I watched The Simpsons at 8:00, then I watched American Dad at 9:30.  And American Dad was so much better.

AMERICAN fucking DAD, for fuck's sake!  What is this, some sort of sick joke?  Have I been kidnapped and deposited in a Truman-Show-esque world where everything is exactly the same except that the Simpsons sucks ass?

Seriously.

:yabbse-angry:
My house, my rules, my coffee

picolas

Quote from: polkablues on March 05, 2006, 12:40:44 AMHave I been kidnapped and deposited in a Truman-Show-esque world where everything is exactly the same except that the Simpsons sucks ass?
that has nothing to do with the Truman Show.