Keanu (Reeves)

Started by picolas, September 02, 2006, 07:41:21 PM

picolas

i cannot believe he's 42 today.

i'd rather post this at the end of his thread but he didn't have one. so for more substantial thread-starting material: at first i thought he was the worst actor ever. but now i think he's good. i think his best single-word delivery so far is in dracula when he goes "no."

Chest Rockwell

Ravi

Neil

DON'T YOU GET IT? I AM AN F-B-I AGENT.

p.s. just reminding everyone he had a stunt double for the line dance to "i will survive" in the film The Replacements.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

MacGuffin

Reeves, Ayer lock up 'Night' pic
Ellroy script starts shooting April 30
Source: Variety

Fox Searchlight and New Regency will co-finance "The Night Watchman," a James Ellroy-scripted drama that will star Keanu Reeves.

David Ayer has been set to direct after he does a rewrite. Production begins April 30.

Greenlight ends a decade-long quest by producers Alexandra Milchan, Lucas Foster and Erwin Stoff to get the film made. While helmers like David Fincher, Spike Lee and Oliver Stone circled it, as well as stars such as Reeves and Sean Penn, the project never made it to the starting gate.

The drama has evolved since "L.A. Confidential" author Ellroy set the LAPD tale right after the O.J. Simpson verdict and the L.A. riots. Reeves plays a cop who's always done what was needed to solve homicides and crack down on gang violence until he gets a wakeup call and decides he can no longer play the game that made him so effective.

Project turned a corner when it recently moved from Paramount to Fox Searchlight/New Regency and Ayer surfaced as its director. The writer of "Training Day" made his transition to filmmaker with "Harsh Times," and he was so determined to prove himself with that gritty drama that he initially self-financed it.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Keanu Reeves in for new 'Jekyll'
Actor to star in adaptation from scribe Justin Haythe
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Universal is developing a modern retelling of the classic novella "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde," with Keanu Reeves attached to star and Justin Haythe, writer of "Revolutionary Road," penning the script.

Nicolas Winding Refn is in negotiations to direct the project, titled "Jekyll." It is being produced by Erwin Stoff and Red Wagon Entertainment's Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher.

Robert Louis Stevenson's tale about a doctor who scientifically develops an evil self has become so pervasive in popular culture that the phrase "Jekyll and Hyde" conjures the idea of a split personality. The story has been translated to the screen and stage dozens of times, with several deviations including comedy, kids ("Jekyll and Heidi") and gender (1995's "Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde"). The story has seen modern iterations as recently as 2007, when the BBC aired a miniseries with the story set in the present as Hyde ran amok in London.

Plot details for this "Jekyll" are being kept locked in the laboratory.

Universal clearly is enamored with the tale as it also has been developing a take on it with Guillermo del Toro, though the two couldn't be more different.

Del Toro, who has an affinity for gothic horror as well as creature features, aims to stick more closely to the Stevenson tale. Also, del Toro's project is on the slow track as the filmmaker works on "The Hobbit" for New Line and MGM, which is expected to take up the next five years. Even when he comes back, he likely will tackle one or two other Universal projects before his version, so a good amount of time will exist between the projects.

Universal executive vp production Peter Cramer and vp production Erik Baiers will oversee the "Jekyll" project.

Refn, repped by WMA and Anonymous, is a Danish director who made a name with homegrown gritty thrillers known as the "Pusher" series. He co-wrote and directed the indie crime biopic "Bronson," starring Tom Hardy, which premiered this year at the Sundance Film Festival.

Haythe, repped by CAA, also wrote the script for "The Clearing," the Robert Redford kidnapping thriller. He is working on Fox 2000's remake of "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea."

Reeves, repped by CAA and 3 Arts Entertainment, most recently starred in Fox's remake of "The Day the Earth Stood Still."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

the mini-series was really good, they should've adapted from that.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee