Stella

Started by Ravi, June 26, 2005, 02:24:09 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Cinephile on March 13, 2006, 12:40:32 PM
well for some reason it was enough for them to release their first season dvd this fall.. but i don't get why they didn't renew it.

This has been confirmed?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cine

both have been confirmed, yeah.

go to their official site.  :yabbse-undecided:

pete

I just saw michael ian black doing supposedly his first ever stand up tour or something.  he was funny but he was surprisingly "normal"!  his delivery was very similar to the stella stuff--the giddiness and he just had really funny body language, but his material was about really really traditional subjects like having a kid and his upbringing and a huge bit about college and then about myspace.  he had a nazi routine in the beginning about doing PR for them but I don't know, maybe my expectations were impossibly high, but it didn't even feel shocking, it felt sort of predictable.  Anyone else seen his standup yet?  It's not bad at all, but I just expect something a lot edgier and fresher from him.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ravi

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5732

It's been awhile since we posted a Stella update, but now Comedy Central has announced the first season of Stella will be released on September 12. The set will contain all 10 episodes (215 mins) on two discs, plus tons of bonus features including "History of Stella" documentary, "Comedy Central Presents - Stella," deleted scenes, extended takes and bloopers! Sorry, pricing information hasn't been announced yet.

Ravi

I like my cover better.

hedwig

cine

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

picolas

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

modage

i think they would be proud of this thread.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

To those who bought the DVD, is the first episode as aired or the extended cut?