TOP TEN 2004

Started by Jeremy Blackman, January 28, 2005, 06:37:33 PM

SiliasRuby

Even though I respected everyone's criticisms on many of these films, here is my top ten.

1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
2. Sideways
3. The Aviator
4. I Heart Huckabees
5. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
6. Closer
7. Team America: World Peace
8. Collateral
9. The Incredibles
and a tie for tenth place
10. Million Dollar Baby/Spanglish/Kill Bill Vol.2
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

meatball

Too much listing and rating and critiquing, and no doing makes Xixax a dull boy.

ono

Fuck my list, Million Dollar Baby just kicked my ass.  Let it kick yours, too.  Best film of the year, 10/10, one of the best ever, Clint Eastwood is in the fucking zone.

Bethie

I'll play:

1. Before Sunset
2. Eternal Sunshine
3. Saddest Music in the World
4. Closer
5. Finding Neverland
6. The Life Aquatic
7. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter ...and Spring
8. Dogville
9. I Heart Huckabees
10. The Dreamers
11. The Aviator

11, yeah. so what. I'm a girl.

Probably won't get to see Sideways, Million Dollar Baby, Undertow ... until they come out on dvd. Which is most often the case.
who likes movies anyway

cine

1. Before Sunset
2. Million Dollar Baby  
3. Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind  
4. The Aviator
5. Sideways
6. The Saddest Music in the World
7. Tarnation
8. Baadassssss
9. Kill Bill Volume 2
10. Undertow

Ten Runners Up (alphabetically):

3-Iron
Closer
The Dreamers
Finding Neverland
Hotel Rwanda
House of Flying Daggers
I Heart Huckabees  
The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou  
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring
Vera Drake

Finn

I haven't seen Hotel Rwanda or The Brown Bunny yet, but here's my top ten list of 2004:

1. Dogville

2. The Village

3. Million Dollar Baby

4. The Passion of the Christ

5. Sideways

6. Young Adam

7. Kill Bill : Volume 2

8. Before Sunset

9. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

10. Closer
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

modage

i'm trying to figure out if the prejudice against Shaun of the Dead is because its a horror movie?  or because its a comedy?

or if the prejudice against the Incredibles is because its a cartoon?  or because its superhero movie?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

El Duderino

what the hell...

1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
2. Sideways
3. Collateral
4. Maria Full of Grace
5. Kill Bill Vol. 2
6. The Aviator
7. Finding Neverland
8. The Life Aquatic
9. Shaun of the Dead
10. Dogville
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Kal

Ok I need to see a couple of movies still... like Hotel Rwanda, Kinsey, Bad Education, and The Sea Inside. I have the feeling that last one will make a big impact on my list. Anyways... here we go...

1) The Aviator
2) Sideways
3) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
4) Spider Man 2
5) Million Dollar Baby
6) Finding Neverland
7) In Good Company
8) Closer
9) The Incredibles
10) The Terminal

I dont know if thats really the order... but I just loved those 10 movies... and there are some more... I hate these lists cause I always forget something important... but anyways is not a big deal  :yabbse-lipsrsealed:

ono

It was fucking freezing tonight so I skipped seeing a free screening of Shaun of the Dead to stay in my warm bed.

cine

tonight i went to a multiplex and had the option of watching shaun of the dead for free (my friend was gonna pay for me cause he wanted to see it really badly). huckabees was playing so i paid the 12 dollars to see that instead.

Myxo

Quote from: cinephiletonight i went to a multiplex and had the option of watching shaun of the dead for free (my friend was gonna pay for me cause he wanted to see it really badly). huckabees was playing so i paid the 12 dollars to see that instead.

Who charges 12 bucks for a movie? They're 8.50 here..

You better get a hand job with your movie for 12 bucks.

ono

He's Canadian.  Money doesn't mean the same thing there as it does here.  Also, it's multi-colored and doubles as toilet paper in case of a nuclear meltdown.

brockly

Quote from: themodernage02i'm trying to figure out if the prejudice against Shaun of the Dead is because its a horror movie?  or because its a comedy?

or if the prejudice against the Incredibles is because its a cartoon?  or because its superhero movie?

im trying to figure out why you give a shit.

Finn

Tickets are $4.50 for an afternoon movie and $6.75 for a night showing here in the south.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."