The worst films you love?

Started by Dtm115300, January 15, 2005, 03:39:37 PM

Film Student

As far as bad movies go, Roger Corman has produced quite a few terrible-but-great titles:

Death Race 2000, Bucket of Blood, Tales of Terror, The Masque of the Red Death, Women in Cages, Big Doll House, Big Bird Cage, the list goes on...

I'm a big fan of Grisham adaptations. I can't help it.  I hate Schumacher on principle, but I've seen The Client and A Time to Kill multiple times.  I love The Rainmaker too, but that actually borders on being a good movie.

And who can forget the classics of Jan De Bont?  Twister, Speed, and Speed 2 are terrible guilty pleasures.
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

Pubrick

Quote from: Film Studentthe classics of Jan De Bont.
those words will appear in a textbook one day.
under the paving stones.

The Obstruction

Con Air by Simon West in not a mesterpiece, but still i see it once in a while, cause I just can't seem to get enough of Nicholas Cage as the patriot Cameron Poe, John Malkowich as a the bad Cyrus The Virus and Wing Rhames as a bad ass Black Panther member.

I know there is a lot of other well-known actors in the movie too!

But one thing is to overrule all these great actors performance, and that is the lovely song "How Do I Live" performed by the lovely Trisha Yearwood, yeah combined this is a Irresistible movie.

"I don't like the word ironic. I like the word absurdity, and I don't really understand the word 'irony' too much. The irony comes when you try to verbalize the absurd. When irony happens without words, it's much more exalted." David Lynch

Myxo

Blind bought "Clay Pigeons" for 9.99 recently and loved Vince Vaughn's performance in that. The boat scene where the body washes up while they're fishing is priceless.

"Man overboard! Alarm!"

:lol:

McfLy

Before Bubba-Ho-Tep came, Phantasm.

last days of gerry the elephant

Others would include, Freddy Got Fingered, Go, The Big Hit

snaporaz

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

McfLy

Quote from: modage on March 06, 2006, 10:25:06 PM
Quote from: McfLy on March 06, 2006, 01:24:48 AM
Before Bubba-Ho-Tep came, Phantasm.
Phantasm ranked 4 skulls!  it's good!

I was a bit apprehensive to profess my love for Phantasm, being a noob to the xixax boards. This thread seemed like a good place to slip in my Phantasm influence. I'm glad to see that some people appretiate Don Coscarelli's first entry in the Phantasm quadrilogy.

MacGuffin

Quote from: McfLy on March 06, 2006, 11:22:09 PMI was a bit apprehensive to profess my love for Phantasm, being a noob to the xixax boards. This thread seemed like a good place to slip in my Phantasm influence. I'm glad to see that some people appretiate Don Coscarelli's first entry in the Phantasm quadrilogy.

Actually, our fearless leader, Mr. Xixax himself, LOVES Phantasm.

http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=245.msg2584#msg2584
http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=2014.0
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

McfLy

Phantasm is definately an overlooked gem, a shoutout to the Phantasm appreciators. We're a small bunch.

And thanks for the links MacGuffin!

Neil

Not sure that i love it, but it could be the funniest thing of all time, ever.  when I watched it, i was seriously in "aw" the entire time...Brilliant.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.