Fox's upcoming TV schedules

Started by Fishbulb, May 20, 2004, 02:44:39 PM

Fishbulb

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,726%7C%7C%7C,00.html

The other networks' fall schedules sound horrible ("Father of the Pride"??), but Fox actually has some upcoming shows that sound pretty good. Starting in June, "Arrested Development" is going to move to 8:30 PM EST after "The Simpsons", and will continue to air in that slot when new episodes begin airing in November. On after Malcolm will be the new Andy Richter show "Quintuplets", which premieres June 16th. Also premiering June 16th is "Method and Red", starring the two rappers-turned-comedians (hey, I thought HOW HIGH was pretty funny).

In January, Seth MacFarlane's new animated show "American Dad" premieres, and there's also a sketch comedy series with Mary Lynn Rajskub and Paul F. Tompkins in the cast. Yeah, Fox airs a lot of shit like "The Simple Life", but they also seem to give more edgy shows a chance. Of course, once they put them on they never seem to last for very long (Andy Richter Controls the Universe, Undeclared, The Tick, etc.)

ono

Method and Red looks like an abomination.  Seems like something the Wayans brothers would conceive.  Yuck.

Richter is too good for Quintuplets.  Unlike Andy Richter Controls the Universe, which was brilliant, and therefore cancelled, this show will be horrible, and therefore cancelled.  It seems like there's no logical rule anymore.  I hope FOX realizes how bad this show is and puts him out of his misery fast.  Not that I'd wish that on Andy.  It's just that always the best shows get canned and the worst ones drawn out way too long.  I think the salt in the wound was Oliver Beene being given such a long time -- a show much worse than any of FOX's other cancelled shows in recent memory.  It's sad, 'cause after five more years, who's gonna remember that?  But I know I'll remember Richter's first show and Greg the Bunny as two great ones that never were.  FOX's latest screw-up was cancelling Wonderfalls.  Don't expect any new favorites to stick around until they really start raking it in.  Arrested Development got VERY lucky.

Quote from: Fishbulb"American Dad"

I 'm anxious to see that German Goldfish, Klaus.
context, context, context.

Sleuth

Quintuplets looks so awful  :cry:
I like to hug dogs

Tictacbk

ono

Summer 2005 is when it's set to premiere, last I heard.  It was either in an interview with Seth MacFarlane that cronopio posted, or on some website, that I read it.  I forget which.  Yeah, sure is a long time to wait.  According to the interview, they already have a couple episodes ready.  Don't know why FOX is sitting on it again, but MacFarlane is confident that this time, Family Guy is back for good.

Oh, and here's the post, I think: http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?p=142242#142242

Ravi

Quote from: SleuthQuintuplets looks so awful  :cry:

It's weird to see Andy Richter in something so standard after the offbeat Andy Richter Controls the Universe.

Arrested Development rocks.