Tony Scott

Started by gwfa, May 16, 2004, 10:01:18 AM

MacGuffin

Scott's 'Domino' mixes cameras

Joining the growing movement toward digital lensing, director Tony Scott is using a hybrid array of high-definition video, digital still and motion picture film cameras on his new project, "Domino." Lensing began this month in Los Angeles on the New Line biopic, which was written by "Donnie Darko" director Richard Kelly for Davis Films/Scott Free Prods. Scott and his cinematographer Dan Mindel ("Spy Game) are using a Thomson Viper HD camera, a Canon digital still camera, a Panaflex Platinum, a Panavision Millennium XL and two hand-cranked Arriflex 2Cs. The mixture of film and digital footage will ultimately go through a digital intermediate master overseen by Scott's longtime digital colorist and CO3 founder Stephen Sonnenfeld.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

agent orange was headache inducing.  he is taking amazons money and just doing whatever the fuck he wants.  it was pretty hard to watch, but maybe he picked up a few neat tricks while making it he can use on Domino.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

mutinyco

Quote from: GhostboyMan On Fire -- so over the top in its direction that it becomes quite fascinating. Brilliant use of subtitles.

Hmmm... Just looked to me like Scott and his crew were coked out of their minds and made a mess of things...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

SHAFTR

could someone post the final freeze frame shot from Days of Thunder?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

MacGuffin

'Deja Vu' for Scott at Disney
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Tony Scott is in negotiations to direct the romantic thriller "Deja Vu" for producer Jerry Bruckheimer and the Walt Disney Studios. The screenplay by Terry Rossio and Bill Marsilii centers on an FBI agent who travels back in time to save a woman from a murder and falls in love with her in the process. Scott and Bruckheimer have collaborated on such films as "Top Gun," "Beverly Hills Cop II," "Days of Thunder," "Crimson Tide" and "Enemy of the State." Bruckheimer will produce, along with executive producers Mike Stenson and Chad Oman, both of Bruckheimer Films, and Rossio and Ted Elliott. The project is being supervised by Buena Vista Motion Picture Group president Nina Jacobson and executive vp production Jason Reed. Scott, repped by CAA, is in postproduction on "Domino," the story of Domino Harvey, the daughter of actor Laurence Harvey. "Domino" will be released domestically by New Line Cinema.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Denzel to do it again

Denzel Washington is in final talks to star in the Tony Scott-directed thriller "Deja Vu," Variety reports. The film, being produced by Jerry Bruckheimer ("CSI"), centers on an FBI agent (Washington) with the ability to travel back in time. He falls in love with a woman as she is about to be murdered. The trio previously teamed up for the submarine thriller Crimson Tide, which grossed $159 million worldwide.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffinThe trio previously teamed up for the submarine thriller Crimson Tide, which grossed $159 million worldwide.
and yet no one remembers it..
under the paving stones.

modage

ha.  thats funny because i had never seen that movie until a month or two ago when i watched it.  and thats exactly true.  it was good but forgettable, despite a pretty interesting cast.  i still love tony scott though.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

Days of Thunder, which I just saw this weekend, is one of my favorite movies now.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02ha.  thats funny because i had never seen that movie until a month or two ago when i watched it.  and thats exactly true.  it was good but forgettable, despite a pretty interesting cast.

Did you guess the bits that Tarantino wrote?

Skeleton FilmWorks

SHAFTR

Quote from: Gamblor HatesMySpaceandUDays of Thunder, which I just saw this weekend, is one of my favorite movies now.

Wheelchair race?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

modage

everything about superheroes and tv shows which seemed really out of place with the rest of the film?

Gamblour.

Quote from: SHAFTR
Quote from: Gamblor HatesMySpaceandUDays of Thunder, which I just saw this weekend, is one of my favorite movies now.

Wheelchair race?

"We looked like a monkey fucking a football!!"
WWPTAD?

Pwaybloe

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02everything about superheroes and tv shows which seemed really out of place with the rest of the film?

And the stuff about white and black horses.

Skeleton FilmWorks