What movie character is you?

Started by El Duderino, March 27, 2004, 08:41:30 PM

El Duderino

i couldnt find this, so i started it...

have you ever been watching a movie and thought...wow...this character is just like me, maybe even looks like me....for me, it's:

Joel Barish in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
or
Gilbert Grape in What's Eating Gilbert Grape
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

MacGuffin

Quote from: MacGuffin, in this thread: http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?p=11950#11950 There has to be a time when you were watching a movie and you felt a character was an exact portrayal of you on screen (or at least someone you identified with). Who was it?: Seymour (Steve Buscemi) in "Ghost World."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ernie

I've been told I act like Ed Wood.

Finn

I'm a lot like...

Jim Kurring in Magnolia
Quoyle in The Shipping News
Sydney in Hard Eight
Eugene in Pay it Forward
David Aames in Vanilla Sky

(multiple personalities, I guess)
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Kal

Joel Barrish definetly... thats the one I have fresh in my head... but also Dirk Diggler... Edward Norton in Fight Club... Ryan Phillipe in Cruel Intentions... and sometimes I wish something like Keanu, Thomas Anderson, aka NEO in the Matrix :)

El Duderino

Quote from: ebeamanI've been told I act like Ed Wood.

do you dress like a woman, too?
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Bethie

Catherine Keener in Being John Malkovich.
Thora Birch in Ghost World.
Kate Hudson in Almost Famous.

I've been told by several different people that I remind them of those characters. I get the Penny Lane one the most though. yay
who likes movies anyway

cine

Quote from: El Duderino
Quote from: ebeamanI've been told I act like Ed Wood.
do you dress like a woman, too?
No, his brother does.

Pas

Quote from: andykJoel Barrish definetly... thats the one I have fresh in my head... but also Dirk Diggler... Edward Norton in Fight Club... Ryan Phillipe in Cruel Intentions...

Yes, all similar characters indeed.

I liked freakerdude better.

Alethia

i get richard dreyfuss alot ... no particular character, just the dreyfuss persona....the jumpy, fast-talking deal....not short or chubby tho

mogwai

ElPandaRoyal

Sometimes, the Travis Bickle feeling gets into me...  :?  After beeing robbed two times with a gun, I'm growing more and more sick with some of the scum around. Luckily, I also have this Barry Egan side which kind of balances and keeps me from being a real jerk sometimes.

Also, I'm a lot like High Fidelity's Rob Gordon, with the exception that girls find John Cusack attractive. Watching this movie is like watching myself sometimes.
Si

rustinglass

Quote from: ewardi get richard dreyfuss alot ... no particular character, just the dreyfuss persona....the jumpy, fast-talking deal....not short or chubby tho

I get the same thing with james stewart
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Pas

I am he who said : Why do I fall in love with every woman I see that shows me the least bit of attention?

Chest Rockwell

Sometimes Barry Egan/Joel Barish, or Matthew from Dreamers, or Charlotte from Lost in Translation, sometimes even Bob Harris, or The Dude. I have a vast array of moods. But the  question is: Are the characters like us, or do we subconsciously act (or think we act) like our favorite characters?