EXTRA SUPER BONUS SPECIAL EDITION

Started by SoNowThen, January 28, 2004, 01:52:22 PM

modage

looks like there will be more features after all...

DreamWorks Home Video has announced a brand new 60th Anniversary Commemorative Edition DVD of SAVING PRIVATE RYAN!
The new 2-disc release will hit shores on May 25 and is being released to mark the 60th anniversary of the D-Day.

For fans who have been dreaming of a more robust release of Spielberg's 1998 classic, it looks like your wishes may have been answered.

Besides the film itself (in anamorphic 1.85:1 widescreen with both 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS tracks) the second bonus DVD will also include the following features:

•An Inside Look with the Filmmakers
•Looking into the Past: The Research, the Screenplay and the Vision
•The Making of a Platoon
•Boot Camp for the Cast
•Re-Creating D-Day: Omaha Beach
•All-new collectible packaging (see above for the really cool ammo box look of the package)
•and of course, much more!

The 2-disc set will retail for between $26.99 (suggested retail price) to $19.95 (minimum advertised price) as set by the studio. DreamWorks is planning a "huge multimillion dollar marketing campaign" to back the rerelease event, so expect this to be big.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

NEON MERCURY

...finally....i keep going to the store looking at this ...then put it down.....i'm glad that his is officail now i can wait...till may...

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

rustinglass

Hey, that looks very cool! I like the ammo box packaging. Since I don't have that one on dvd yet, i might buy it. Will it be realeased on region2
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Myxo

Quote from: SoNowThenOver 3 frames of extra footage!
See the movie as it was meant to be seen!!
With way more special features than the last Super Edition -- including 2 extra trailers to shitty movies you don't ever wanna see!
Includes special mega interview (2 minutes) with X Actress, who states that working with Y Director was the highlight of her career!
Plus!! See special preview of another movie coming soon, where same X Actress now states that working with Z Director was actually the highlight of her career!!
All this, and more features include Chapters, Fast Forward Options, Audio, Collector's 1 page booklet...

really now
anybody else getting a little sick with the back-patting shlock that's getting on all our new "special release" dvds? Now when Criterion puts out a disc and calls it a special edition, it fucking well means something. But some of this crap... I s'pose it's because they can hoop 1000 more people into buying it if it has 1 extra 5 minute "behind the scenes" thing that most regular joe folks never even watch. And what's up with some commentaries? "umm, so here, Keanu is tapping his shoe. There's a close up of the shoe. Those are cowboy boots. Keanu's character wears cowboy boots" -- this is actual dialogue taken from the Devil's Advocate comm.

And I'm not talking about the LOTR dvds. That, imo, is all cool, because it's totally different versions of the films, and they do a hell of a good job putting out great packaging and extras. But seriously, if this shit keeps going downhill, I mean it's getting to be a fucking embarrassment...

I love the "Not seen in theaters!!" versions of American Wedding and stuff. They make it sound like we'll get to see anal sex or something and it turns out a stripper shows her breast for like 8.7 extra seconds or something in one sequence.

Find Your Magali

Quote from: themodernage02looks like there will be more features after all...

DreamWorks Home Video has announced a brand new 60th Anniversary Commemorative Edition DVD of SAVING PRIVATE RYAN!
The new 2-disc release will hit shores on May 25 and is being released to mark the 60th anniversary of the D-Day.

For fans who have been dreaming of a more robust release of Spielberg's 1998 classic, it looks like your wishes may have been answered.

Besides the film itself (in anamorphic 1.85:1 widescreen with both 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS tracks) the second bonus DVD will also include the following features:

•An Inside Look with the Filmmakers
•Looking into the Past: The Research, the Screenplay and the Vision
•The Making of a Platoon
•Boot Camp for the Cast
•Re-Creating D-Day: Omaha Beach
•All-new collectible packaging (see above for the really cool ammo box look of the package)
•and of course, much more!

The 2-disc set will retail for between $26.99 (suggested retail price) to $19.95 (minimum advertised price) as set by the studio. DreamWorks is planning a "huge multimillion dollar marketing campaign" to back the rerelease event, so expect this to be big.

Boo! That's how they should have done it the first damn time. ... But, then again, I suppose that's the point of this whole thread.  :x

MacGuffin

On June 1, 2004, Columbia Tri-Star Home Entertainment will be releasing Ali: Director's Cut. This new cut of the film will run 6-minutes longer and will include a 2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer. It will street for the retail price of $24.96 and the disc will also feature:

Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
Audio Commentary with Director Michael Mann
Making-Of Documentary
Trailers

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

Are the 6 minutes gonna turn a suck-hole movie into a decent movie? Cos I really wanted to like this one...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: SoNowThenAre the 6 minutes gonna turn a suck-hole movie into a decent movie? Cos I really wanted to like this one...

hahahaha..yeah,  this one i thought would be alright but.....it sucked

......the fresh prince was whack in this.....

SoNowThen

Quote from: NEON MERCURY

Really? I thought Smith was the one really good thing in this. It was the completely flat structure and jumbled editing that ruined this one. With a different pace/tone (perhaps by a decent sized 'director's cut'), this could be a much better film.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: NEON MERCURY

Really? I thought Smith was the one really good thing in this. It was the completely flat structure and jumbled editing that ruined this one. With a different pace/tone (perhaps by a decent sized 'director's cut'), this could be a much better film.

its just a NEON thing really, i like smith but ...i just didn't like his performance in this film...i believe he's best doing the men in blacks...et al...but i haven't seen 6 degree of sep. yet........its just i think he cant do the comedian/serious actor thing like carrey has mastered.......

modage

i think enemy of the state was a good somewhere-in-between.  not totally straight but not hamming it up either.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: themodernage02i think enemy of the state was a good somewhere-in-between.  not totally straight but not hamming it up either.

i agree......its just when he's doing the "serious" acting that i have seen ..he doesn't measure up to par.......IMO

Pwaybloe

Quote from: SoNowThenReally? I thought Smith was the one really good thing in this. It was the completely flat structure and jumbled editing that ruined this one. With a different pace/tone (perhaps by a decent sized 'director's cut'), this could be a much better film.

Can't say that I agree.  I thought it was perfect, especially the pace/tone.

I'm excited about the new DVD upgrade, but I didn't really care for Mann's Directors Cut of "Last of the Mohicans."  If you're going to add stuff, at least add some naked chicks. But he took stuff out!