How to clean dvds!

Started by russiasusha, January 05, 2004, 08:40:01 PM

russiasusha

How does one clean a dvd if it has an inch of old, crusted shit on it?  I just want an answer, please don't try to sell me anything.
Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

RegularKarate

This may sound crazy, but sandpaper works really well

MacGuffin

I heard toothpaste will make a good CD cleaner and will actually help repair scratches. Might work for DVDs too.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Toothpaste also applied to pimples will remove the oil from it when it dries it, you just pick the crust off and viola.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Alethia

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoobviola.

viola?

oh you mean VOILA!!!!!!      :wink:

Banky

i thought you used peanut butter

cine

I think he was implying that you can fashion the crust into a viola.

Sleuth

Quote from: Brodiei thought you used peanut butter

Once it's clean, use Peanut Butter (NOT JELLY, I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW HARD JELLY REMOVER IS TO FIND THESE DAYS) to access the SPECIAL FEATURES
I like to hug dogs

Ravi

Soap and water, but don't wipe the disc in a circle, wipe it from the center out in a straight line.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Is it safe to resurface DVDs? I'm assuming...

godardian

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanIs it safe to resurface DVDs? I'm assuming...

I think it is... I actually think I saw a DVD resurfacer-thingie for sale at Hollywood Video one time... unless I was imaginging it. I dread the day I'll actually have to try something like this out on one of my own precious DVDs.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

analogzombie

Quote from: godardian
Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanIs it safe to resurface DVDs? I'm assuming...

I think it is... I actually think I saw a DVD resurfacer-thingie for sale at Hollywood Video one time... unless I was imaginging it. I dread the day I'll actually have to try something like this out on one of my own precious DVDs.

There is an indie video store in Atlanta that will re-surface any cd, dvd or game disc. I took a couple criterions I bought used to them a while back. Whatever they did, it worked great. So I know it's possible, I just don't know how they did it.
As far as cleaning goes the soap and water thing is how I do it. I use a light dish soap that'll get rid of the oil left behind by fingers.
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

Alethia

hold it close to a small flame for ten to fifteen seconds and you should be a-okay...

NEON MERCURY

..Ducky and I wash our dvds together  when we takes our bubble bath that my moms make sure the H2o  is the right temperature.......

scrub w/bubbles is fun.....