official Fiona Apple thread

Started by neatahwanta, November 29, 2003, 05:24:09 PM

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

modage

new clip up at www.fiona-apple.com

EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PEEK: In this 3rd clip watch Fiona rehearse a tune to later perform at LA's Club Largo in early August 2005.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ABKman18

I sat in that same stool she did when I was there....

Pozer

I once waited for Billy Crystal to finish taking a leak at The Chinese Theater, so I could pee in the same stall he did....

modage

new clip of little kids singing Tymps (formerly Used To Love Him) up at www.fiona-apple.com

new tracklisting...

1. Extraordinary Machine
2. Get Him Back
3. O' Sailor
4. Better Version Of Me
5. Tymps (The Sick in the Head Song)
6. Parting Gift
7. Window
8. Oh Well
9. Please Please Please
10. Red Red Red
11. Not About Love
12. Waltz (Better Than Fine)

TOMORROW HURRICANE RELIEF CONCERT: Fiona will be performing on MTV's Hurricane Katrina Relief benefit concert, airing live on Saturday 9/10 8pm ET on MTV, VH1, CMT, MTV2, MTVu and VH1 Classic. The show benefits the American Red Cross and other relief organizations.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Myxo

CASTING CALL - if you're in the New York City area on Wednesday, September 14th, you're invited to the casting call for Fiona's TV commercial for her new album. Come prepared to talk about why you love Fiona's music. Location and time will be announced on Monday.

NEW YORK IN-STORE APPEARANCE - See Fiona Apple Perform Live w/ Special Guests Mike Elizondo and Jon Brion in New York City at Virgin Megastore Union Square (14th and Broadway) on Tuesday, September 20th at 6pm.

modage

new clip up at www.fiona-apple.com

EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PEEK: In this 5th clip ("O' Rabbit"), watch Fiona perform "O' Sailor."

modage

so i saw fiona apple tonite for the first time as she did a mini-set of 7 songs at virgin megastore and a signing.  she played...

Extraordinary Machine
O Sailor
Parting Gift
Fast As You Can
Paper Bag
Waltz (Better Than Fine)
You Belong To Me (cover)

fiona was really nervous, but sounded great though.  i had about 4 1/2 seconds to talk to her before like 4 guys in suits basically pushed me away, but i think i said something like "thanks for doing this, i've never seen you before, whenthepawn is one of my favorite albums ever, please come back soon and do a full show".  she is BEAUTIFUL in person.  it was cool meeting her, even under the worst circumstances like these.  brion disappeared after the set or i would've liked to talk to him.

context, context, context.

Pozer

Quote from: modage
9. Please Please Please
10. Red Red Red
worst two song titles in a row ever.

Pubrick

Quote from: POZER!
Quote from: modage
9. Please Please Please
10. Red Red Red
worst two song titles in a row ever.
haha, she's no beastie beastie boys boys..

Quote from: to to to the the the 5 5 5 boroughs boroughs boroughs
1. Ch-Check It Out        
2. Right Right Now Now        
3. 3 The Hard Way        
4. Time To Build        
5. Rhyme The Rhyme Well      
6. Triple Trouble        
7. Hey F*?# You        
8. Oh Word?        
9. That's It That's All      
10. All Life Styles        
11. Shazam!        
12. An Open Letter To NYC        
13. Crawlspace        
14. The Brouhaha        
15. We Got The
not to mention how awful the rest of those track titles are.
under the paving stones.

modage

sickfins

listening to the new version of the album was like seeing zombie versions of  everybody i love stumbling around mindlessly

i'm not just saying that because i've heard the old one so many times, which i have, but i tried to give it a chance.  i tried so hard but the new mixes make her songs sound like soft rock/children's songs. it's not terrible, but...it's...something...

edit
i should add, though, that the untouched brion versions of extraordinary machine and waltz were left alone and sound magnificent properly mixed.  hurrah

Myxo