EMINEM

Started by Banky, November 19, 2003, 09:59:44 PM

Banky

here is some bullshit

The Source Digs Up Tape Of Eminem Using Racial Slurs
11.18.2003 9:07 PM EST  

NEW YORK — Eminem found himself on the defensive Tuesday (November 18) after The Source magazine owners Ray Benzino and Dave Mays held a press conference to play a recording of the MC delivering racial slurs.

On the first of two tracks purportedly recorded in 1993, an audibly young male, who says he's Eminem raps, "All the girls I like to bone have big butts/ No they don't, 'cause I don't like that n----- sh--/ I'm just here to make a bigger hit."

The second track, made in 1988, featured Eminem rapping about a black girlfriend he broke up with. "Blacks and whites, they sometimes mix/ But black girls only want your money, 'cause they dumb chicks," he rhymes. Later in the freestyle Em raps, "Never date a black girl, because they only want your money/ And that sh-- ain't funny."

The first track was only a few lines long, but the second track went on for several minutes with Em — seemingly rhyming off the top of his head — repeatedly saying he did not like black girls and that they were only out to get money. Both tracks sounded amateurish.

"Don't make this right now a double standard," Benzino said at the press conference. "We gotta treat this the same way you treat Mike Tyson, like you treat Kobe Bryant, like you treat R. Kelly, like you treat O.J. Simpson."

Eminem responded to the latter track on Tuesday by insisting he isn't racist and explaining that the recording was made when he was just 15, foolish and angry.

"Ray Benzino, Dave Mays and The Source have had a vendetta against me, Shady Records and our artists for a long time," Eminem said in a statement. "The tape they played today was something I made out of anger, stupidity and frustration when I was a teenager. I'd just broken up with my girlfriend, who was African-American, and I reacted like the angry, stupid kid I was. I hope people will take it for the foolishness that it was, not for what somebody is trying to make it into today."

Eminem's manager, Paul Rosenberg, said Wednesday that neither he nor Eminem had "heard or heard of" the first track Benzino and Mays played.

Eminem, 50 Cent and the rest of the Shady/Aftermath team have had a long-running feud with The Source, fueled by Benzino's accusations that the media operate on a double standard when it comes to the multiplatinum white MC and that an artist of color could never get away with saying some of the things Em says in his music (see "Benzino Ignites Beef By Calling Eminem '2003 Vanilla Ice'").

After their comments, Benzino and Mays refused to entertain questions about the tape and its origins. They did say they plan to include a CD of the Eminem recordings in February's issue, and they promised another press conference concerning Eminem will be held in the future, when they'll answer questions and have civic leaders and members of the hip-hop community on hand.

[This story was updated at 4:58 p.m. ET on 11.19.2003]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benzino is such a fucking bitch.  Hes going on some campaign to try and ruin Eminem for some stupid shit he said when he was 15.  The track isnt even that racist.  Benzino says we have to treat him like Kobe, or R. Kelly.  Man Benzino is such a fucking jealous fruit.  Fuck the Source Magazine and Fuck Benzino.  Benzino picked a lyrical fight with Eminem about  a year ago saying that he is only successfull because he is white.  Go download the song called Nail in the Coffin.  Eminem murders that stupid fuck. HAHAHA.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: EminemBlacks and whites, they sometimes mix/ But black girls only want your money, 'cause they dumb chicks

An interesting article (kind of about Eminem) that I linked to a while ago:

http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=15328

Banky

Quote from: JB's ArticleNo one plies the neo-macho trade like Eminem. Talent notwithstanding, what made this blue-eyed rapper a star was his baroque misogyny (as in: "My little sister's birthday, she'll remember me/For a gift I had ten of my boys take her virginity").

Too bad Eminem didnt say that.  A guy in Em's group D12 named Bizzare said that on the Marshal Mathers LP

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: BankyToo bad Eminem didnt say that.  A guy in Em's group D12 named Bizzare said that on the Marshal Mathers LP

Who wrote it?

And if this guy did make it up completely with no influence from Eminem, doesn't Eminem have responsibility for his band?

Pubrick

geez JB, bizarre wrote it, bizarre said it. it's not like it's hard to find an actual Eminem lyric to support the argument..

here's one, of the top of my ass:
"that's my girlfriend screamin in the trunk, see i ain't like u,
cos if she suffocates she'll suffer more and then she'll die too"

the article is good, but that quote just made it lose credibility. it's like that fat idiot calling Ludacris "gangsta". i always like articles better when the writer is not totally clueless.
under the paving stones.

Banky

hahaha no first of all everything that bizzare says is fucked up.  heres a quote

*warning*

[Bizarre]
Love the pussy
Sell that pussy b***h
Get out there and switch and go make Bizarre rich
You gotta itch
You f*cking dirty b***h
Now get on the corner and start sucking some d*ck
Niggas want pussy
And I need cash
So mom get out there and start selling your dirty ass
Bizarre quick to hit 'em
Then stick 'em
f*ck it I'll let you hear one of my victims
(Somebody help, I'm on Seven Mile and Muriel, NO)
Shut up b***h you talk too much
And about to get f*cked in your dirty butt
Never seen a pimp like me out here whoring
Shut your f*cking mouth and you'll be out in the morning
Cuz I'm the dirtiest pimp you ever heard of
Give me my 5000 and take this cheeseburger (b***h)
Go suck d*ck at a bachelor party
So what if you on your period
Blood never hurt nobody

he gos for the shock value but he sucks

Eminem says wierd shit that will actually fuck with you and is effective

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: BankyEminem says wierd shit that will actually fuck with you and is effective

Lame excuse. Chauvanism is confusing therefore it's "effective"?

Banky

its hard to explain and im tired

Pedro

Quote from: Bankyits hard to explain and im tired
resume in the morning, i say...
this could be interesting

aclockworkjj

"broke the rubber, busted a nut up in your mother,
so how you feel about havin' another little brother..."
later on in the same song...
"starin' at the bitch with firm tits."

I think it's clear here that eminem loves all women as long as they are firm.  Whether they are black or white...it matters not.  There is a lot of symbolism within his intelligent, well thought out lyrics...I mean, metaphorically speaking....yeeeaah.  The interpretation is all up to the listener...they hear what they are prone to hear.  

umm, yeah. okay.  "Did he just say what I think he said?"

Either that, or some people are just tight-asses and only fuel his attempt at offending every possible kinda person with their constant whining.

The dude raps about killing his own mom.  I am thinkin' him calling black women gold diggers is the least anyone should worry about.

Pubrick

here we go. JB u don't hav to debate in EVERY thread. some ppl just say shit without thinking about it.

if u wanna talk about sumthing interesting, let's get down to what's at the source of everyone's mental and emotional problems:

Do u love ur mother? how much?
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

I was flipping channels on the radio and came across that Eminem track. I had no idea what it was -- it did sound pretty amateurish, and I couldn't believe it was actually getting played because its pretty racist. I don't for a second believe that Eminem is actually racist, though. So it's more of a curio than anything else. And his misogynistic stuff is (almost) on the same level as Jimi Hendrix talking about going down to shoot his old lady...

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Phere we go. JB u don't hav to debate in EVERY thread. some ppl just say shit without thinking about it.

I see your point, and I am getting tired of hearing myself go on about this stuff because it keeps coming up, but you have to admit that this thread was started in that vein.

Quote from: Pif u wanna talk about sumthing interesting, let's get down to what's at the source of everyone's mental and emotional problems:

Do u love ur mother? how much?

You go first.

freakerdude

I like Em and controversy is what he is all about. I think his lyrics are hilarious and very crafty.....take it for what it's worth.
MC Pee Pants

Pubrick

Quote from: Jeremy Blackmanbut you have to admit that this thread was started in that vein.
sort of.

Quote from: PDo u love ur mother? how much?
Quote from: Jeremiah NegroYou go first.
ok
Yes. very much. i also think she raised me right. ur turn.
under the paving stones.