Tarantino Loves Uma Thurman's Feet

Started by 1976, October 13, 2003, 04:39:22 PM

bonanzataz

thanks for bringing this thread back! it reminded me. quentin was on howard the other day talking about how everybody says that he idolizes uma's feet and he thought it was fucking ridiculous, alright, because he saw in the cut, and even though he still likes jane campion for the piano, alright, he really thought it was terrible and half the movie was spent on meg ryan's feet.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pedro

Quote from: bonanzatazthanks for bringing this thread back! it reminded me. quentin was on howard the other day talking about how everybody says that he idolizes uma's feet and he thought it was fucking ridiculous, alright, because he saw in the cut, and even though he still likes jane campion for the piano, alright, he really thought it was terrible and half the movie was spent on meg ryan's feet.
alright

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

TARANTINO'S FOOT FETISH  

UMA THURMAN is convinced KILL BILL director QUENTIN TARANTINO has a foot fetish - because he can't stop filming people's feet.

The actress - Tarantino's muse in PULP FICTION and both Kill Bill volumes - claims the auteur was obsessed with hers and other cast members' feet while filming the martial arts epics.

She tells ROLLING STONE magazine, "He rather coyly likes to deny it. But he shot everybody's feet, not just mine. Every scene had coverage on feet.

"The whole joke on the set was, you could actually release an entire movie with dialogue overlaid on the feet, and you'd probably have a fairly comprehensive narrative."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

MacGuffin

From those I remember...

Pulp Fiction

*Dialogue about foot massages
*Mia's entrance is a tracking shot of her bare feet
*Esmerelda drives her taxi with bare feet

Jackie Brown

*Melanie rubs her french-manicured, toe-ringed toes along Louis's glass

From Dusk Till Dawn

*QT shrimps Salma's toes as she pours liquor down her leg

Kill Bill

*"Wiggle your big toe"
*Shot of Sophie's red nails pumping the pedal
*The 5, 6, 7, 8's play barefoot

Any others missing?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

What about his segment in Four Rooms when that one guy gets his fingertoe cut off?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

72teeth

"Catch a nigger/redneck by the toe ..."
Used in Pulp Fiction and Natural Born Killers

oh, and isn't Oren Ishi bare foot when she cuts that guy's head off?
Yes, Quentin is a sick sick bastard...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

MacGuffin

Quote from: MacGuffin on August 19, 2005, 12:01:53 AM
From those I remember...

Pulp Fiction

*Dialogue about foot massages
*Mia's entrance is a tracking shot of her bare feet
*Esmerelda drives her taxi with bare feet

Jackie Brown

*Melanie rubs her french-manicured, toe-ringed toes along Louis's glass

From Dusk Till Dawn

*QT shrimps Salma's toes as she pours liquor down her leg

Kill Bill

*"Wiggle your big toe"
*Shot of Sophie's red nails pumping the pedal
*The 5, 6, 7, 8's play barefoot

Death Proof

*Lost count after the opening credit sequence

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin on May 22, 2007, 07:30:58 PM[extended edition of Death Proof]
Stuntman Mike menacingly plays with the dangling bare feet of another girl as they hang from the backseat window.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Quentin Sucks ... Toes?!
Source: TMZ Staff

He went out for raw fish, but Quentin Tarantino was in the mood for a little piggie instead.

TMZ spotted the director sucking the nail polish off some random woman's foot at Empress sushi joint on the Sunset Strip recently. After the "meal" and a few drinks, Q posed for pictures and hopefully downed some Scope.

Skeleton FilmWorks

New Feeling

I was expecting more from that post

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.