Kill Bill: Volume Two

Started by MacGuffin, September 24, 2003, 01:38:09 AM

Just Withnail

Quote from: eward
Quote from: MoosethePRThey split the orignal movie into 2 volumes because they didn't want too much gore. But its all fun it games right.

actually qt thought there was too much pretension in the thought of a 3 hr. grindhouse flick, among other things

And besides it's dead serious.

Get it? Dead...kill. Kill = love. Love is serious. Don't mess with love.

On a serious note, I'm really looking forward to being able to watch the two pieces coherently. I'm in the "could've been better" camp, so here's to hoping the final vision adds up to more than the sum of its parts.

MacGuffin

Source: Quentin Tarantino Archives

First off, there was a Test-Screening held in Austin, Texas yesterday with Tarantino, Weinstein and so on all present. Aint it Cool News has 3 reviews on their site. And what you can read there is pretty much 95% enthusiasm. The movie is reportedly not a 100% finished, some color work has to be done on the film, yet.

Also sad news for all Michael Jai White fans. The Flashback Scene with David Carradine and the Martial Arts Star has reportedly been cut out due to lack of time. Seems like it's planned for DVD.

DVD NEWS:
Apart from the word that we will only see Michael Jai White (like Christopher Lee in LOTR3) only on DVD, rumors are also that the combined Volumes will not only get a double-pack DVD release, but the complete movie will even get it's own theatrical release.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=17145

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=17149
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Quote from: MacGuffin
First off, there was a Test-Screening held in Austin, Texas yesterday with Tarantino... present.

Cries like a big, fat, ugly baby

picolas

modage

wait did someone on here actually ATTEND this screening?!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

El Duderino

i'm so jealous/upset/feel like getting in the fetile position if someone did.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

RegularKarate

Quote from: picolas;HOW WAS IT :?:

Dude!  Are you makin' fun of me?  Trying to rub it in?

***Runs off to room and slams the door***   (muffled sobbing can be heard)

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: MacGuffinAlso sad news for all Michael Jai White fans. The Flashback Scene with David Carradine and the Martial Arts Star has reportedly been cut out due to lack of time. Seems like it's planned for DVD.

This makes me fucking sick. I mean, let's split it into two parts, "not because we're greedy sons of bitches and want two times the money, but because that way we don't have to make any cuts". And now this... I mean... geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzz...... fuck you all.

On a slightly related note, I want to see the damn movie already!!!!!!
Si

Alethia

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaum

This makes me fucking sick. I mean, let's split it into two parts, "not because we're greedy sons of bitches and want two times the money, but because that way we don't have to make any cuts". !!!!!!

ummm, i don't think that's right....

subversiveproductions

quick note: third poster=fucking sick... as in cool... as in i like it.
www.bloodlessriot.blogspot.com
let me pour my heart out to you strangers.

www.anewnothing.com
smile from ear to blood-dripping ear

analogzombie

The excitement is building as we are about 6 weeks away from the movie's release. Everything coming in about this movie makes it sound like the first one was just a warm up. I can now understand why Tarantino split the films up. Vol. 1 is a straight ahead Grindhouse film. Kind of how Jackie Brown might have been if he made it as a 100% blaxploitation pic instead of infusing those elements into the film. Vol. 2 looks to be an all out Tarantino blood bath movie infused with elements of grindhouse cinema. And though I want to see the fight sequence with Michael Jai White from what Knowles said Tarantino said, it was taken out to help build the emotional connection to Bill.I think it was something like 'it's not as important to fear Bill b/c of his skill as a fighter at that point in the movie. it's gets accomplished elsewhere.'
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

modage

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY is giving away free passes to an advance screening of Kill Bill: Volume II if you live in one of the following cities...

Atlanta
Chicago
Cleveland
Dallas
Detroit
Los Angeles
New York
Philadelphia
Portland
San Francisco

http://www.ew.com/ew/contests/

they're usually only a few days in advance, but in this case that seems good enough for me.  if anyone lives in philadelphia and wins, you must take me.  that is all.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

brockly

check out the new trailer over at killbill.jp. there's no new footage, but it's really strange.

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

El Scorchoz

from the aint it cool review "If you were turned off by the gore of the first film and found yourself wanting more of the 'verbal" Tarantino dialogue... well, this is the film for you."

what do you guys think about this? I kind of like the gore in vol. 1 myself
Who snatched Lilo's coffee???