Kill Bill: Volume Two

Started by MacGuffin, September 24, 2003, 01:38:09 AM

edison

this place must echo sometimes

picolas

THIS PLACE MUST ECHO SOMETIMES

Pubrick

i really wonder how different this one will be from volume one.....looks to be a radically different experience, i really hope it lives up to my expectations...but i'm not worried....i was worried that volume one would disappoint me, especially once all the trailers came out and the TV spots started airing, i was afraid it'd be much too cheese...of course it exceeded my expectations in every way so i'm expecting a helluva lot from vol 2....
under the paving stones.

Alethia

whoops, my bad......but im gonna leave it so the joke will make sense.

Alethia

whoops, my bad......but im gonna leave it so the joke will make sense.

edison

©brad

nutting makes cents here.

ono

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Michael Madsen on Budd in Kill Bill: Vol. 2
Source: Empire Online

Empire Online talked to Kill Bill: Vol. 2 star Michael Madsen about his role as Budd, another vicious member of the Viper Squad, in the Quentin Tarantino sequel.

"Ever since Reservoir Dogs I've been known as Mr Blonde," Madsen said, "but that's all about to f**king change. When people see Budd in full flow, they really ain't gonna forget him."

Madsen adds that Budd has "retired from the Viper squad and decided to do something like become a bouncer in a strip club, but when his brother comes to him and says , 'She's back,' what's the guy gonna do? He's just gotta act."

"He does some very dastardly things to The Bride, to Uma. He is genuinely reprehensible at times...it is seriously dark and seriously nasty."

There's also an interview with Uma Thurman on "Vol. 2" in the April issue of the magazine.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

And that's different from Mr. Blonde how?

SoNowThen

Mr Blonde wasn't retired, he was in prison...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

That first poster is just PERFECT.  The second one is nice, too.  The third one is just blah.  Thanks, Mac.

Alethia

holy shit, the first two are so much better than the posters we got for volume one...