Cary Elwes

Started by Gloria, September 20, 2003, 01:48:15 PM

Gloria

I just watched a horrible movie called "The Crush" with Alicia Silverstone.  The only good thing about this movie was Cary Elwes.  I mean, this guy is so damn charming.  My favorite movies with him would have to be "The Princess Bride" or "Men in Tights."  He was also really good in time pieces such as "The Cat's Meow."  He can be completely charming ("Princess Bride") to completely creepy and scary ("Kiss the Girls")  This guy is extremely underrated.

Find Your Magali

My Cary Elwes spectrum:

Splendid: The Princess Bride

Outstanding: Glory (strong character development; even stronger, if you consider the scenes that were left on out -- they're on the DVD.)

Enjoyable characters: Shadow of the Vampire, From the Earth to the Moon, Days of Thunder, Hot Shots!,

What the hell was he doing in? -- Twister (bad role was more a function of the script than anything)

...Wish he got more stuff to do in movies.

ono

Men in Tights and The Princess Bride  :yabbse-thumbup: :yabbse-thumbup:

NEON MERCURY

he was.. good in Dracula (FFC)

Alethia

i don't think he was ever funnier than in Liar Liar ("ooh the claw's comin atcha, ooh you're scared of the claw!  ooh!  ah!)

cine

He's such a gifted comic actor that I'm surprised he isn't just doing those now. He's slated to do another war film from the same guy who did "Gods and Generals."

I don't know.. If I had to choose, I'd prefer he stick to the comedies. He's a really underrated actor, which is depressing..