PDL truck/music. Am I mad?

Started by epispastic, September 01, 2003, 10:40:18 PM

epispastic

Sorry if it has come up in the past, but, when Barry and Lena leave the restaurant and walk down the street a truck passes them.  The truck makes a series of squeaking noises.  the music immediately following the truck noises mimics the truck noises almost exactly.  I swear im not crazy.  Has anyone else noticed this?
Christina digs film noir.

Cecil

no but it reminds me of something else.... in another movie (i forget which) a character dials on his phone and the dialing sound is the main theme of the film, or of some song they wanted to use but couldnt. cant remember which film (maybe rules of attraction)

MacGuffin

From Greg's site:

Truck Brakes  

As Barry and Lena walk out of the restaurant together, the Atlas Van Lines truck joins in with the score as it's brakes squeal to the music. The moving company's truck can also be seen at the beginning of the film when Barry nabs the harmonium. You can also view Atlas boxes in Lena's apartment.

http://www.ptanderson.com/featurefilms/love/secrets.htm
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

sickfins

fuh fuh fuh

if you want to be a real stickler the brakes harmonize with the score

fuh fuh fuh

this particular pt... forum seems to be filling with doubt and frantic questions faster than the mind of a passenger on a crashing plane