Bruce Campbell (like a muther fucker!)

Started by BrainSushi, August 11, 2003, 07:58:53 AM

BrainSushi

God, I love this guy. I mean... this guy... just the greatest. I'm fairly young, so I wasn't a very concious thinker back in the Brisco County Jr. days, so I know this guy as Uncle Sam's favorite son, Jack of All Trades (which came on after the super hot Cleopatra 2525). I fell in love with him ever since. I sure as heck can't wait for him to kick the shit outta that mummy... it's some kinda "Bubba Ho-tep." Any other Bruce-ites here?

I mean, seriously, is that a fatcha?! That's a fatcha.

Raikus

Yeah, I'm a fan. Be sure to read his book. You'll love it.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

BrainSushi

Oh, I have read, I have read. A mighty fine book indeed. The paperback is the edition to have, of course, with the "Chins Across America" additional material.

Ghostboy

I just started reading his book last night, actually. It's hilarious.

jokerspath

Ya, great book.  I love when he is speaking of his youth, and there are some yearbook photos and one is captioned "Smoldering Intensity": brilliant.

BrainSushi (or anyone else in the know): Does the paperback have all those photos running throughout the entire book as well?

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Raikus

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

modage

Quote from: GhostboyI just started reading his book last night, actually. It's hilarious.

i bought it a year ago cause he was doing a signing in philadelpiha along with showing a print of evil dead 2, and it was so goddamn funny,  (and i am not usually a heavy reader), i read through it in two days. i could not put it down, and just kept laughing like an idiot and reading the passages aloud to my girlfriend.  i gave it to my dad to read too, and he also found it funny as shit.  i cant wait for MAKE LOVE THE BRUCE CAMPBELL WAY.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

BrainSushi

Quote from: jokerspathBrainSushi (or anyone else in the know): Does the paperback have all those photos running throughout the entire book as well?

Indeed, it does. The added advantage of it, however, is it also has a thing at the end, an added portion, where he talks about the experience of having written the book, the Chins Across America Book Tour, and what he's done since. He even talks about September 11 (which occurred during his tour)... interesting factoid: Bruce Campbell and his Hot Wife (and she is pretty friggin' hot) were having sex when the Twin Towers fell.

RegularKarate

I, too bought that book because he was signing it.  He was a pretty cool guy and was really cool about autographs... cool and patient, while still being Bruce.  Fun little book... you could tell that he actually wrote it instead of having someone write it for him (like I'm sure the majority of people in his position would probaby do).

Gamblour.

Haha totally agree, Ash has always reminded me of Duke Nukem.
WWPTAD?

Sleuth

In case you haven't heard, the character of Duke Nukem is a fucking rip off.
I like to hug dogs

Gamblour.

*sigh*...I know that Ash came first. Because he "reminds" me of Duke Nukem doesn't mean that I'm saying he's "based" off Duke Nukem. When I see BC, he reminds me of DN, and likewise reciprocally.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

Bruce Campbell's Next: Radio station WRKR talked with Bruce Campbell yesterday and was asked right up front about rumors of his possible involvement in the "Freddy vs. Jason" sequels: "He says that right now it's all internet mumbo-jumbo, and there's no sort of truth to any of to the rumors as of yet. He says the cool thing is that with the amount of money that F vs J made this weekend, they're like heroes again. The ultimate thing to do would bring back Ash and kind of finish off the three series. "I'm sure I can outrun hockey-mask man. But Freddy's got the quips, so I'd have to have Sam Raimi write all my lines for me. Cuz, you know, you have to take these guys down before you take them out". Other than that, he touched briefly on his involvement in "Kalamazoo?", and about the fact that he thinks cameos are the best roles. "You can come on screen, say 'Here I am!', and walk off!" Bruce, is of course, a Michigan native, so he has personal interest in the movie".
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Fame

I love this guy!!  I was able to meet him for a while at a book signing.  I think I acted like a complete idiot, but he carried on like he did with every other person he had to talk to.  He was really funny and great with fans.

His book is hilarious.  Being from Michigan myself, it was nice to see someone famous from the Great Lakes State.  (I know, Madonna, Eminem, Kid Rock, Tim Allen, Sinbad, and Gillian Anderson came from MI, but I am not nearly as proud, because they don't seem to care where they came from.  I mean, Madonna called us all 'white trailer trash.')

Anyways, Bruce Campbell rules!!!