Richard Ashcroft/The Verve (new single and video out/ Ri still hot)

Started by NEON MERCURY, August 04, 2003, 11:58:11 AM

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Finchy.

'A Northern Soul' is a great album, featuring the classic: 'This Is Music'.  'Song For The Lovers', Ashcroft's debut solo single is ace too.
bunnykins

mogwai

THIS IS MORE MUSIC

Two previously unheard songs by THE VERVE will feature on their Greatest Hits.

'This Is Music: The Singles 92-98' is released on November 1 as a CD and DVD, and will feature two unheard songs, 'This Could Be My Moment' and 'Monte Carlo'.

Both were recorded for the sessions of their classic album 'Urban Hymns', and were produced by Youth and John Leckie respectively.

The tracklisting runs:

'This Is Music'
'Slide Away'
'Lucky Man'
'History'
'She's A Superstar'
'On Your Own'
'Blue'
'Sonnet'
'All In The Mind'
'The Drugs Don't Work'
'Gravity Grave'
'Bittersweet Symphony'
'This Could Be My Moment'
'Monte Carlo'

The DVD tracklisting runs:

'This Is Music'
'Slide Away'
'Lucky Man'
'History'
'She's A Superstar'
'On Your Own'
'Blue'
'Sonnet'
'All In The Mind'
'The Drugs Don't Work'
'Gravity Grave'
'Bittersweet Symphony'
'Lucky Man (US version)'

mogwai

Richard Ashcroft has confirmed the details of his third solo album, to be released early next year.

'Keys To The Word' is released on January 23, preceded by first single 'Break The Night With Colour' on January 9.

Talking exclusively to NME.COM, Ashcroft explained: "I've been working on it on and off all year, but the main recording of the songs took just a couple of nights."

The new album's tracklisting is:

'Why Not Nothing?'
'Music Is Power'
'Break the Night With Colour'
'Words Just Get in the Way'
'Keys to the World'
'Sweet Brother Malcolm'
'Cry Til the Morning'
'Why Do Lovers?'
'Simple Song'
'World Keeps Turning'

Pubrick

Quote from: mogwai on November 10, 2005, 10:01:58 AM
'Keys To The Word' is released on January 23,

'Keys to the World'

so which is it? nme.com says the same thing, maybe it's not a typo..

best tracks by title:
'Why Not Nothing?'
'Break the Night With Colour'
'Cry Til the Morning'
'Words Just Get in the Way'
'World Keeps Turning'
under the paving stones.

SoNowThen

Yay -- I will hopefully be seeing/hearing Mad Richard on Dec 7 when he plays London.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

NEON MERCURY

Pubrick

Quote from: Pubrick on November 10, 2005, 10:24:12 AM
Quote from: mogwai on November 10, 2005, 10:01:58 AM
'Keys To The Word' is released on January 23,

'Keys to the World'

so which is it?

it's the second one, here's the cover.

i hope he's still relevant.
under the paving stones.

mogwai

look it's the lead singer of kasabian!!

Pwaybloe

Well he does look pretty happy, kind of like he has the keys to the word. 

Pubrick

Quote from: Pwaybloe on December 29, 2005, 11:29:00 AM
kind of like he has the keys to the word. 

i think it's more like he's lost them (again)..

Quote from: Pubrick on December 26, 2005, 05:49:28 AM

"did they fall out of my pocket when i went under the dumpster to pick up that angel?"
under the paving stones.

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Pubrick

that's a nice tune, definitely going somewhere new. also available on his site is a full preview stream of another single: Cry Till the Morning, available in windows media or realplayer.

both singles are dope, i'll wait for the whole thing before any further judgment.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Richard Ashcroft's third solo album, Keys to the World, will hit U.S. stores on March 21. To promote the record, the former Verve singer will embark upon his first North American tour in six years, opening for Coldplay beginning March 17 in Kanata, Ontario.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 28, 2006, 01:33:21 PM
opening for Coldplay
haha, as writer of the new thread title, i'll take responsibility for this one,. sorry guys, i didn't think it would go this far..  :yabbse-embarassed:
under the paving stones.