The Official Twin Peaks Thread (TOTPT)

Started by NEON MERCURY, July 15, 2003, 03:29:03 PM

bonanzataz

SPOILERS FOR SEASON 2

finished season 2 over the weekend and got really depressed. i nearly cried at what happened to coop and audrey and pete martell (didn't really give a shit about andrew, he sucked). i guess i was happy about lucy and andy... that was the only good thing that happened. and donna sucks in the second season. her character is totally pointless, as was james, but at least he left. they really could have done so much more in this season if they had cut out certain plotlines (and to all you haters out there... nadine was always one of my favorite characters. i thought her superstrength plot was funny, and i really liked when she snapped out of it). i wish they had a third season where they just totally ditch the whole soap opera formula and really delve into twin peaks and the mystery of the black/white lodge. i can't believe they would end the show on such a downer...  :cry:

oh well. now i have to go out and get the movie.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

brockly

*******LAURA PALMER'S KILLER SPOILERS*****

I just watched the "introduction to david lynch" doc on the first season dvd without having seen the second season. At the end of it some asshole says something like (over a shot of Laura's father) "Twin Peaks is about an abusive father and its showing you why Laura had to die, because she was being abused."

If Laura's father turns out to be the killer, what a fucking burn  :( Even if he's not, this is obviously a major spoiler for the 2nd season since there's nothing about him being abusive in the first season. Ah well, as long as the 2nd season is as rewatchable as the first up until the reveal i won't really mind

modage

SPOILERS
yeah, you ruined it for yourself.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

New Twin Peaks TV Movies?
Agent Cooper may return for telefilms.

A return to the Great Northern may not be in his future, but Agent Dale Cooper, Kyle MacLachlan's character from the popular David Lynch TV series Twin Peaks, may be returning to the small screen.

There are fresh rumors that Lynch, currently shooting a new film called Inland Empire, is considering doing a series of Twin Peaks-inspired TV movies. A tipster over at Dark Horizons recently completed two days of work on the picture and reportedly overheard some details of the project. "The [Director of Photography], who I'd met at lunch... talked to a group of us and said David and Kyle are thinking about doing some 'Dale Cooper' telemovies - the dude he played on TV. Nothing to do with Twin Peaks, I guess, just that character."

The 1990s TV series featured MacLachlan as FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper, a man investigating the death of a young girl named Laura Palmer in the small Washington town of Twin Peaks. As he delves deeper into her mysterious demise, Cooper begins to uncover the secrets of the town and realizes that something much more significant that a single murder has taken place.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

WOW.

this seems like 'boogie nights 2' levels of 'not happening' but it would be great, huh?  as long as HBO is what TV means.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

bonanzataz

too bad the good dale is TRAPPED IN THE BLACK FUCKING LODGE! COME ON! WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SUPPOSED TO MEAN? DOESN'T THIS "TIPSTER" KNOW THAT HE'S RATTLED THE EMOTIONS OF TWIN PEAKS FANS EVERYWHERE?! HE DIDN'T GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

NEON MERCURY

NOW THAT I GOT THE SECOND SEASON...I FOUND OUT THE BEST WAY TO WATCH THE ENTIRE SERIES...INCLUDING FWWM...SPOILERS...........FOR THOSE OF YOU IN THE KNOW I THINK I HAVE DISCOVERED THE BEST WAY TO EXPERIENCE TH TWIN PEAKS UNIVERSE...I USE TO DO FWWM>PILOT>SEASON 1>SEASON 2...THEN BACK INTO FWWM [B/C I LIKE A MORE UPLIFTING FINALE] THAN HAVING THE BAD COOPER SMASING HIS HEAD ON THE BATHROOM WINDOW IN THE GREAT NORTHERN...NOW, I BELIEVE YOU SHOULD WATCH FWWM UP UNTIL THE RED ROOM ANGEL SCENE W/ COOPER AND LAURA...THEN WATCH THE PILOT, SEASON ONE, SEASON TWO...THEN FINISH OFF THE LAST MINUTES W/ LAURA GETTING HER ANGEL....YOU GET A GREAT POSITVE FEELING FROM THE SERIES THAT WAY...I LIKE TO THINK OF IT IN THE TERMS THAT THE GOOD DALE WHOSE "TRAPPED IN THE LODGE" IS W/ LAURA AND SORT OF HELPS "SAVE" HER....WHICH EXPLAISN WHY THE LAST MINUTES OF FWWM COMPLIMENT THIS

NEON MERCURY

in an effort to get more people to watch twin peaks i will try to do a peaks pic of the day....

who shot waldo?  find out by watching twin peaks

NEON MERCURY

Pubrick

thanks for the spoilers. i'll make sure to never read this thread again..  :yabbse-thumbup:
under the paving stones.

SiliasRuby

I just finished the series a week ago and my God, it was everything I ever wanted in a TV show. I can't wait to find out if and how they are going to do the dale cooper thing. *Spoiler, I guess* It was a real let down to see someone else in the role of Donna when I saw "Twin Peaks fire walk with me", Does anyone why that is? *End spoiler* But ya. I love that I have all the episodes but all on VHS but can't wait for them to all be on DVD.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Quote from: SiliasRuby on April 19, 2006, 01:49:04 PM*Spoiler, I guess* It was a real let down to see someone else in the role of Donna when I saw "Twin Peaks fire walk with me", Does anyone why that is? *End spoiler*

It had to do with Lara Flynn Boyle not wanting to do the nudity.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

MK2 FWWM DVD in Fourth Quarter of 2007
Source: Dugpa

According to the French DVD site, DVDRAMA, they have been told that MK2 plans on releasing FWWM in a 2 Disc Collectors Edition. The article claims that bonus features will include over an hours worth of Deleted Scenes supervised by Lynch. Below is the text and a rough translation:

Une annonce qui fait l'effet d'un tollé d'autant plus que cette nouvelle édition, contrairement à la précédente sortie le 8 décembre 2004, devrait s'enrichir de scènes coupées d'environ une heure supervisées par David Lynch.

Of special note, this new edition, contrary to the original release on December 8, 2004, will contain approximately an hour of Deleted Scenes supervised by David Lynch.

While this sounds like great news, I have been told that news as of last week was that Lynch and MK2 were still in negotiations. Hopefully with the news from the INLAND EMPIRE Q&A and now this... maybe... something is happening... I'll post a confirmation as soon as I get something solid.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Catherine Coulson at Twin Peaks Arizona Screening

Catherine Coulson attended a screening of the Twin Peaks Pilot and the Amputee this weekend. During the Q&A, unprompted by any specific question, she offered the following information: "When I ask David if we're done with Twin Peaks, he just smiles and says 'There are still stories to tell'." When asked "Does that mean the door is not closed on the future of Twin Peaks?" she said "Absolutely not closed."

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

From TheDigitalBits:

We've got a bit of an update for you today on CBS/Paramount's plans for David Lynch's Twin Peaks TV series on DVD in 2007. As most of you should know by now, the long-awaited Twin Peaks: The Second Season is already set to hit DVD on 4/10. Our sources are telling us that this release is designed for those who may already have Season One (released back in 2001 by Artisan/Republic) and the unaired pilot episode (released on DVD in Japan and available only as an import) on disc. However, for those of you who are patient and want it all in one shot... we're told to expect CBS/Paramount to announce a Twin Peaks: The Complete Series box set for release later in 2007 that contains both seasons AND the pilot episode, PLUS lots of newly-produced extras. Watch for details on the box set to be announced in the next few months.

Skeleton FilmWorks