The Official Twin Peaks Thread (TOTPT)

Started by NEON MERCURY, July 15, 2003, 03:29:03 PM

bonanzataz

did you know that at oberlin they teach a twin peaks course?

anyway, i've been waiting for those fucking dvd's of season 2 (weren't they supposed to be out by fall 2004?) and just decided i couldn't wait. i had downloaded all of season 2, but some episodes are missing, so i just decided to spend $60 on the video set and after i watch them all i'm going to sell them for the same amount and wait for the dvd's. such a PAIN IN THE ASS! i have, however, gotten up to episode 10. it is starting to get weird. very different from season 1.

anyway, WHERE THE FUCK ARE THOSE SEASON 2 DVD'S?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Quote from: bonanzatazanyway, WHERE THE FUCK ARE THOSE SEASON 2 DVD'S?

From Dugpa.net:

August 22nd 2004
Twin Peaks Season 2 International Release Quarter 2 2005

Word has it that the world outside of US and Canada will be seeing Twin Peaks: Season 2 on DVD in Quarter 2 2005. Lets hope that those transfers are as good as the Season 1 set.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

I just finished the first season. My favorite episodes are definitely 2 and 3.

I watched "Fire Walk With Me" before anything, though. I guess I started watching the show because I loved the movie. Much of the show is disappointing (I guess because Lynch doesn't direct everything), especially the shock of watching episode 4 right after 2 and 3.

And I haven't seen the pilot... should I buy the tape or an import DVD?

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
And I haven't seen the pilot... should I buy the tape or an import DVD?

JB... :!:

heres my input:

..this is the vhs pilot...it features "footage not broadcast" which means thats the stuff you need to skip/stop watching[basically, the last 15-20 mins.>>>right after luara palmer's mom awakens and screams stop it!!!]

this is the import dvd pilot...which you can watch w/o fear of spoiling anything...the quality is slightly better than the vhs tape...the audio is worse...but even still, its passable and watchable...plus if you get the dvd you will be treated to some of the worst trailers for films that will make you cry in disgust...they are awful-but amusing nonetheless..and there maybe some text based features also but nothing really special...

IMHO, i would get the dvd cause i just like dvds....but the fact that the quality of the dvd sucks and the vhs is cheaper you might want to go that route...

hope this helps... 8)

MacGuffin

But Jeremy already watched "Fire Walk With Me," so he's already been exposed to major spoilers. I'd go with the VHS just for the novelity of seeing how the ending was summed up for overseas audiences.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

Excellent... I'll get right on it.

All that said, how much of the second season and beyond is really worth it? Like Episode 14?

modage

everything up till 14 is pretty much the high point of the show.  then forget about it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

The last three are good, I think. Everything between is not.

Bethie

Quote from: themodernage02okay i know i keep talking about this and not really saying anything, but !!!! OH MY GOD!  second episode of season two was great! the goddamn last 5 minutes after they sing that song and lauras cousin 'sees' the guy walking towards her from behind the couch, is the absolute scariest thing ive seen since the girl climbing out of the tv at the end of the ring.  TERRIFYING.

Oh my god. I was JUST about to mention that. When that happened, I freaked. I had to cover my eyes. No lie.

I watched that episode earlier tonight.
who likes movies anyway

cine

Quote from: BethieI had to cover my eyes. No lie.
Wuss.

Bethie

Earlier I watched episodes 12, 13, & FOURTEEN.

I read this topic and noticed a lot of talk about 14.  I was waiting, and what hit me, I was not ready for.

Fourteen was almost the death of me. I did not see that coming. I was more than shocked. When it was over I had to rewind it to watch again.

At the end of episode 13, the one armed man totally gives it away in that speech he gives at the police station. Then in 14, when Cooper is reading Laura's "Secret Diary." It's all coming together now...
who likes movies anyway

Jeremy Blackman

In Fire Walk With Me, the Man from Another Place says that he's "the arm"... that means he's the one-armed man's missing arm, right?

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Jeremy Blackman

I got the pilot, and it's great, although the video quality bothered me much more than I thought it would. The last segment is worth the sacrifice.

And I realized that Elvis Costello's "Watching the Detectives" is Audrey's theme song.

MacGuffin

First Review of the MK2 Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me DVD Region 2

See the first review in French of the new DVD by clicking here.

Apparently the final specs on the DVD are as follows:

40 Page Booklet
Original Film Cel
DVD Limited to 20,000 Copies
5.1 English DD & DTS
5.1 French DD
20 Minute Clip of Interviews that seem to be from an Archive

Screenshots here.

Skeleton FilmWorks