The Official Twin Peaks Thread (TOTPT)

Started by NEON MERCURY, July 15, 2003, 03:29:03 PM

bonanzataz

ah, yes. i just got that book. maybe i should read it so i don't sound like a fool.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

GoneSavage

What can I say?  All your enthusiasm is founded.  This was a great series that I was too young to appreciate when it aired.  I got into it when my Psych teacher in high school told me about it and that Bravo was going to have a marathon of all the episodes.  I just borrowed the tapes from him and watched, then rewatched them all a few years ago.  I have the DVD set and pilot but won't watch them until Season Two comes out, i.e. never.  I can't see getting stuck on such an addicting show, even though I've seen it all twice before.  I'm a freak like that.  Season Two has been "on the way" for years now, bogus.  

Side topic - Sherilyn Fenn or Lara Flynn Boyle?

bonanzataz

fenn - she was the bad girl and didn't listen to what her daddy had to say. she needed discipline.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

NEON MERCURY

.....season 2 ....IMO is just as solid as season one....its just season 2 is way out there.....i liked it a whole lot......like

SPOILERS.....

the whole plot w/ nadine and her "super human" strenght.....and james hurley's plot developements w/ that older lady out in the woods.......its just that season 2 is phucking much crazier than season 1........also....i like how season 2 delves into the black/white lodge....and glastonberry grove......and the red room sh8t its cool stuff......

gotta go w/ Fenn...........but that  lady who runs the RR diner is hot also....(peggy lipton)...........

modage

Quote from: MacGuffinIt's too bad mod-age will get all hyped up, and then have to wait until MAYBE the end of 2005 (unless he gets the Region 2 set at the end of the year or the VHS copies) to see who the killer is in Season 2.
HOLY SHIT!  just finished Season One and i cant believe how many cliffhangers they left!  consider me officially obsessed.  i had to wait about a week between watching the pilot and first two episodes i rented waiting for my bought season one to arrive and it was TORTURE!  it was all i wanted to watch, and now i've burned through them faster than i thought i would.  LUCKILY, i called my local video store who has the season 2 tapes (or i would probably have gone insane).  TWENTY TWO more episodes to go!  i'm looking forward to 'weirder', is what my parents said it got when they watched it religiously back in 1990.  my favorite episode was #2, (of course, lynch directed) overall but mostly because of the incredible ending in the red room.  i want more weird like that!  i take back anything i ever said about lynch that wasnt glowing, i'm a fan!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: MacGuffinIt's too bad mod-age will get all hyped up, and then have to wait until MAYBE the end of 2005 (unless he gets the Region 2 set at the end of the year or the VHS copies) to see who the killer is in Season 2.
HOLY SHIT!  just finished Season One and i cant believe how many cliffhangers they left!  consider me officially obsessed.  i had to wait about a week between watching the pilot and first two episodes i rented waiting for my bought season one to arrive and it was TORTURE!  it was all i wanted to watch, and now i've burned through them faster than i thought i would.  LUCKILY, i called my local video store who has the season 2 tapes (or i would probably have gone insane).  TWENTY TWO more episodes to go!  i'm looking forward to 'weirder', is what my parents said it got when they watched it religiously back in 1990.  my favorite episode was #2, (of course, lynch directed) overall but mostly because of the incredible ending in the red room.  i want more weird like that!  i take back anything i ever said about lynch that wasnt glowing, i'm a fan!

hell yes!!!!!!!!!!! i'm glad you liked it......yeah season two is wild.... phucking crazy...my fav season one ep.  is #2 also........prepare thyself season 2 is full of great sh*t (lynch and non lynch).......just cool stuff man.......and you will LLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE....the final ep (by lynch himself)...........you are really convincing me to start a twin peaks marathon this weekend....... 8)

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02LUCKILY, i called my local video store who has the season 2 tapes (or i would probably have gone insane).  TWENTY TWO more episodes to go!  i'm looking forward to 'weirder', is what my parents said it got when they watched it religiously back in 1990.  my favorite episode was #2, (of course, lynch directed) overall but mostly because of the incredible ending in the red room.  i want more weird like that!  i take back anything i ever said about lynch that wasnt glowing, i'm a fan!

My log has something to tell you: "Wait until you get to episode 14."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Henry Hill

i might have to jump on this bandwagon. Twin Peaks sounds cooler every day.

modage

i just watched the two hour season two opener.  HOLY SHIT. :shock:
the last MINUTE was INSANE.  like INSANE.  screaming and crazy bloody people, INSANE.

Quote from: GoneSavageSide topic - Sherilyn Fenn or Lara Flynn Boyle?
in the first few episodes it would have been a toss up for me, but now DEFNITELY fenn.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02i just watched the two hour season two opener.  HOLY SHIT. :shock:
the last MINUTE was INSANE.  like INSANE.  screaming and crazy bloody people, INSANE.

"The owls are not what they seem."

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: GoneSavageSide topic - Sherilyn Fenn or Lara Flynn Boyle?
in the first few episodes it would have been a toss up for me, but now DEFNITELY fenn.

Pfft. Madchen Amick.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

okay i know i keep talking about this and not really saying anything, but !!!! OH MY GOD!  second episode of season two was great! the goddamn last 5 minutes after they sing that song and lauras cousin 'sees' the guy walking towards her from behind the couch, is the absolute scariest thing ive seen since the girl climbing out of the tv at the end of the ring.  TERRIFYING.

bonanzataz

Quote from: MacGuffinPfft. Madchen Amick.

oh yeah, that's who i thought we were talking about.

i was watching magdalene sisters tonight and one of the girls reminded me of amick. amick was the hottest. by far.

i'm STILL waiting for season 2 dvd's. it killed me when i finished the season one boxed set almost a year ago and couldn't finish the fucking series. KILLED me!

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: themodernage02the guy walking towards her from behind the couch, is the absolute scariest thing ive seen since the girl climbing out of the tv at the end of the ring.  TERRIFYING.
Yeah, it's pretty much the scariest thing ever.  'Bob' has given my sister nightmares for years.

modage

Quote from: MacGuffin

My log has something to tell you: "Wait until you get to episode 14."
:shock:  i just watched episode 14.  :shock:

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02:shock:  i just watched episode 14.  :shock:

"It is happening...again."

Skeleton FilmWorks