South Park Appreciation

Started by SoNowThen, July 03, 2003, 09:21:08 AM

SoNowThen

I put this in dvd because that's pretty much where I watch all my episodes now. Anyone feel free to move this to a more appropriate place.

Anyway, I think Parker and Stone are fucking brilliant. I love this show.

I was watching that episode yesterday, where Jesus is doing his talk show, and that black guy comes up to him and says "it's okay, Montel. We all think about touching little boys every now and again". Classic. Can't get it out of my head. I keep laughing out loud, and people look at me funny.

And those little intros they do before each show, I piss my pants. The one where they're playing thrasher death metal on acoustic guitar for the senior citizens.... I dunno, where do they come up with this gold?

Anyone know when season 3 comes out? I can't wait very long.

Please list some of your fav episodes. I think mine would be: Bebe's Boobs, The Aspen episode, and Lemmy Winks. Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride would be up there too. John Stamos' brother Richard is one talented bastard.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

phil marlowe

the episode with all the black rich people moving to south park only to be descriminated for being rich is my favorite i think.

'oh, well hi william!'

Derek237

South Park is such a great show, it's not as big as it was when it first started (it kinda lost its edge) but I still love it and watch it whenever I can. Hard to pick my fav overall but these are some of my favs:

Season 1- Mr. Hankey

Season 2- Not Without My Anus

Season 3- Cat Orgy

Season 4- Trapper Keeper

Season 5- Scott Tenorman Must Die (the most morbidly funny episode you'll ever see)

Season 6- Jared's Aids

Season 7- Toilet Paper, so far....

BTW the movie is great too.

ono

I have almost all of them on my computer or taped on VHS.  You're right, they're so brilliant.

My favorites:

103 - Volcano
"IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!"  (rat-a-tat-tat)
"SCUZZLEBUTT!"
(Kenny has just chugged gasoline) "Now that's one dirty little bastard!"  (hiccup)

107 - Pink Eye
The carnage in this episode was just delicious.

206 - The Mexican Staring Frog of Southern Sri Lanka
It's a frog that if you catch its stare, it will kill you.  And it's Mexican.  And it's from Sri Lanka.  What more could you want?

207 - City on the Edge of Forever (Flashbacks)
I love flashback episodes when they're done well.  Mrs. Crabtree's rising comic prowess, her appearance on Leno, and Eric's fucked up dreams are all great.

208 - Summer Sucks
Best ending ever.   Chef is hilarious.  And I love the parody of Dr. Katz.

214 - Chef Aid
All the cameos, and just the character of Chef in general is so great.

217 - Underpants Gnomes
Phase One: Collect Underpants.
Phase Two: ?
Phase Three: Profit!

303 - The Succubus
Cartman not being able to see anything just made this all the more priceless.  And it teaches a valuable lesson, as does every episode: "...and never let poontang come between you and your friends."

410 - Do the Handicapped Go To Hell?
411 - Probably.
These two episodes are so priceless.  The whole Hell thing drags on a bit too long, but the orientation where the leader says "The correct answer was 'Mormon.'  That's right, 'Mormon.'" is priceless.

417 - A Very Crappy Christmas
First time I can remember they sent up another cartoon; this time, it's Peanuts.  They seemed to mock it more than they did with other stuff, like Bugs Bunny, or The Simpsons, but it's still nice to see the references.

501 - Scott Tenorman Must Die
The most morbid episode of South Park ever.  See it to believe it.  What a way to start off the fifth season.  And it show you why you just don't fuck with Cartman.

509 - Osama Bin Laden Has Farty Pants
South Park sending up Bugs Bunny cartoons just made me have all the more respect for Trey and Matt.  They know their roots.

603 - Asspen
You've just gotta love 80s movie nostalgia.

611 - Child Abduction Is Not Funny
And, is it just me, or did this remind anyone else of Ran a whole lot, what with the Mongolians and all?  I know the characters in Ran aren't Mongolian, but the costumes were a little similar.  I did just get finished watching Ran for the first time a few weeks after I saw this, so that might be it.

Six of seven episodes from season seven have been great, especially the 100th episode.  This season has been so strong so far.  They're all great.  The weak link was the one where they picked on Jennifer Lopez.  It's just so tiresome now.  Yes, J-Lo sucks.  We.  Get.  It.

Worst Episodes, IMO:
305 - Jakovasaur
Ugh, so annoying.  Season three really did kind of suck, except for Rainforest Schmainforest.

307 - Cat Orgy
The premise is nice, but it's just tiresome with only Cartman.  The ending helped a little but not too much.

508 - Towelie
At least Trey and Matt knew the episode was awful and made fun of it themselves.

There's more episodes that I love and hate, like and dislike, of course, but that's enough for now.  Yes.

EDIT: I realize with #208, I said it had the best ending ever.  There are some other great endings, though.  Like in the episode "My Future Self and Me" at the end when Cartman is about to reform, but then changes his mind.  Or the one where Cartman is about to apologize to Stan and Kyle for something, but they cut to black right before he does so.  It's just PERFECT.  Also, the whole "Shit" episode is great, too.

SoNowThen

Are my friend and I the only ones who truly love the Towelie episode?

"That's it!"
"The code?"
"No, the melody to Funky Town..."

Hehehe. Great character. I like in a later one where he's trying to play Stairway To Heaven on guitar, and keeps fucking up. Classic.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

phil marlowe

i LOVE the towelie episode!

trey and matt know the fact that weed smoking towels are funny.

the cow days episode is also true classic.

Derek237

The Towelie episode is halarious, especially the end when they're playing the video game.

"I have no idea what the hell is goin on"
"You're the worst character ever towelie!"

children with angels

Did I imagine it, or is there a South Park episode where it rains frogs? One of the characters says something like, "What else could possibly happen?" then he steps outside and there's the frog rain. It only went on for, like a second: I don't think I'm making this up am I...?
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Cecil

Quote from: children with angelsDid I imagine it, or is there a South Park episode where it rains frogs? One of the characters says something like, "What else could possibly happen?" then he steps outside and there's the frog rain. It only went on for, like a second: I don't think I'm making this up am I...?

screenshots

children with angels

Quote from: cecil b. demented
Quote from: children with angelsDid I imagine it, or is there a South Park episode where it rains frogs? One of the characters says something like, "What else could possibly happen?" then he steps outside and there's the frog rain. It only went on for, like a second: I don't think I'm making this up am I...?

screenshots

'ey...!  :-D
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

bonanzataz

oh, onamota... whatever the fuck your name is. i love the j lo episode. taco taco, burrito burrito! it's not that it's j lo, it's that cartman jerks off ben affleck.

and i love towelie too. i love them all. but you're right, season three did suck.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

ono

So what's everyone thinking about the "new season" (and I use that term loosely) so far?

1) Crab People and stuff ... metrosexuals ... they've done better.
2) The whole Christian rock thing was okay ... but still, they've done better.
3) Old people ... I'm skeptical.  It starts in about an hour and twenty minutes from now.

Let's have a pool -- what group do you think Trey and Matt are going to lampoon next?  They've done metrosexuals (well-deserving target), Christians (really lame that they'd pick on religion yet again, but whatever), and now the elderly.  I love South Park, but this season has been weak so far.

Sleuth

It wasn't the religion they lampooned that past time, it was music and the RIAA business

but they could have done a lot better

It all seems so predictable now
I like to hug dogs

freakerdude

I think Towlie rules in everything he's been in!
MC Pee Pants

Banky

i think the new episodes have been great.  I thought the crab people were fucking hilarious.  But the hardest ive ever laughed is over the

"How about tree fity?