This Has Got To Be Some Kind Of Record

Started by modage, July 01, 2003, 10:48:59 PM

modage

now i must apologize for making you look at a thread that could've been cool, but is really just...

How not to make a movie...breaking the land-speed record for the most embarrassingly quick theatrical-to-video turnaround is From Justin to Kelly, that blockbuster musical extravaganza that grossed an astonishing $4.5 million at the box office in only two weeks. Making a speedy August 26th debut from Fox Home Entertainment, the DVD will come with an extended version of the movie with new dance numbers (like the film needed to be longer) in both anamorphic widescreen and full screen transfers, Dolby Digital 5.1 surround tracks, an audio commentary by Justin and Kelly themselves, a gag reel (isn't the movie itself already a gag reel?) and trailers. Retail is $27.95.

seriously though.  this is insane.  what has the world come to?  TWO FUCKING MONTHS from the day it hit the screen till the day its on dvd.  insane. insane.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02seriously though.  this is insane.  what has the world come to?  TWO FUCKING MONTHS from the day it hit the screen till the day its on dvd.  insane. insane.

There is a thing called "15 minutes of fame" before an audience forgets, they have exceeded the time limit, and the studio wants/needs to keep their name out there.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

Cecil

actually, i heard that the studio wanted to release the film on dvd 2 weeks after it was released theatrically but the theatres complained and threatened to not show the film if that was the case. i think they were trying to bury it

EDIT: HAHAHAHA i cant stop laughing!!!!

MacGuffin

Quote from: cecil b. dementedi think they were trying to bury it

Opening it up against "The Hulk" and not screening it for critics would indicate so.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

that is so sad. this movie is destined to do well on video and become a cult classic. i for one can't wait for the justin/kelly commentary.

did anybody see that interview with kelly on the daily show. hilarious.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

wow, five replies!  hilarious.  my dream is for the ambiguously titled (and rather intruiging) Justin To Kelly thread to result in 16 pages of conversation.  dream a little dream...

...they did.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: MacGuffin
There is a thing called "15 minutes of fame"

and there running in the 14th

Pubrick

Quote from: Duck Sauceand there running in the 14th 39400th
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: MacGuffin
There is a thing called "15 minutes of fame"

and there running in the 14th

Quote from: MacGuffinThere is a thing called "15 minutes of fame" before an audience forgets, they have exceeded the time limit, and the studio wants/needs to keep their name out there.

Don't cut off my joke for a weaker one.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

Holy Hell, Macguffin is so curt lately.  

It's awesome
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

"If I'm being curt, it's because time is of the essence..."

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

So who here has actually SEEN From Justin To Kelly?

C'mon...no one even sneaked in after seeing something else?

Myxo

Quote from: themodernage02now i must apologize for making you look at a thread that could've been cool, but is really just...

How not to make a movie...breaking the land-speed record for the most embarrassingly quick theatrical-to-video turnaround is From Justin to Kelly, that blockbuster musical extravaganza that grossed an astonishing $4.5 million at the box office in only two weeks. Making a speedy August 26th debut from Fox Home Entertainment, the DVD will come with an extended version of the movie with new dance numbers (like the film needed to be longer) in both anamorphic widescreen and full screen transfers, Dolby Digital 5.1 surround tracks, an audio commentary by Justin and Kelly themselves, a gag reel (isn't the movie itself already a gag reel?) and trailers. Retail is $27.95.

seriously though.  this is insane.  what has the world come to?  TWO FUCKING MONTHS from the day it hit the screen till the day its on dvd.  insane. insane.

I wonder what 14 year old girl will convince her parents to pay 28.00 for a DVD.

Derek237

Hmm, maybe From Clay To Rueben will do better.