Future Tarantino: Where it's never gonna happen, but we hope that it does(n't).

Started by jtm, January 20, 2003, 09:54:48 PM

bonanzataz

oh YEAH! he was the blind guy! he's in it for a little less than a minute maybe, but i thought it was funny.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: oakmanc234The film is supposed to be titled 'Inglorious Bastards' and man, I cannot f***ing wait for this movie. Mr. Blonde himself Michael Madsen and Bo Svenson have signed (so I hear) so it is gonna happen. Rob Lowe is rumoured to be next on the list. Adam Sandler has a role in the script and I really can't see him saying no to the project unless he's to busy with that new vehicle for him and Drew Barrymoore. Sandler has said that he wants to continue challenging himself with people like Paul Thomas Anderson and him and QT are buds ever since filming 'Little Nicky'. So it's all good.

A Tarantino war movie.
With Michael Madsen and Adam Sandler.
Can't wait.

Sweet Christ.  What a glorious time to be alive, and I'm such an inglorious bastard!!!!!  :lol:
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

MacGuffin

San Diego Comic Con: Both Quentin Tarantino and Michael Madsen were on hand to promote "Kill Bill" this weekend and inevitable question of whether the teamup of Madsen and John Travolta's characters from QT's previous films is still going ahead. Tarantino responded: "I might write the Vega Brothers, I don't think that I can really do it as a movie anymore. I think Michael Madseon & John Travolta just got a little too old to do a prequel to a movie they did ten years ago."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

too add a little....

Quentin's response to the fan was, "I won't direct it... I might write it, but I won't direct... besides I think both Michael and John (Travolta) are too old now to do a prequel to PULP and RES DOGS." I'm holding back a huge laugh... Madsen is hiding his face so Quentin won't see him before he takes the mic. "What's this about VEGA BROS?"
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Pulp Fiction 2: Quentin Tarantino gave an interview to New Zealand's Aotearoa News to promote "Kill Bill" and was asked about the status of the Vega Bros. movie which appeared dead after comments by Michael Madsen in July but may not be after all - "That's something I always planned on doing, but other projects took precedence. Ten years on , John Travolta's getting older, Michael's getting older. I don't think they'd even want to do it. Not that that's the last hope audiences have of seeing more of Vic or Vincent Vega. There's an idea I have a Pulp Fiction follow-up. Sequels generally suck, so it's nothing I want to rush into. But Bottom line the studio wants it, the fans want it. I'm sure I can compromise somewhere. It'd be my way of apologizing for never getting Vega Brothers off the ground I guess. That way, we could get John, we could get Michael, and we could get Sam and Tim...everyone back. It would be interesting to see whatever happened to Jules and his plans to 'walk the earth'. Hey, just having Michael and John in the same frame would be great. They're great. But that said, I got to write such a thing". QT is confirmed next to do the WW2 flick "Inglorious Bastards" and a potential "Kill Bill" prequel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

is he fucking serious. :shock:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ono

Man, I hope not.  I don't know if Tarantino remembers this or not, but Vince and Vic are DEAD.  Hehe.  Prequel it is, I guess.  But then you wouldn't get to see what happened when Jules "walked the earth."  You'd see an even badder ass Jules; an even more ruthless thug than he was in Pulp Fiction.

Duck Sauce

Id rather him make some new movies from new material, Id be more excited for that, but Id be an idiot to say that I dont think he could make these movies good.

MacGuffin

Source: Moviehole

A little disappointed he couldn’t find him a role in “Kill Bill” nor get the planned “Vega Brothers” off the ground, Quentin Tarantino has decided John Travolta will definitely be in his next picture. The renowned writer-director is in talks with Miramax to do an airplane thriller, with Travolta fittingly cast as the film’s pilot. Not unexpectedly, considering Tarantino’s love for the old classics, his film will have an Airport/Towering Inferno-like disaster story intertwined in it – in this case, the ultimate airline disaster. The flick, which Tarantino also hopes to have “Jackie Brown” lead Pam Grier co-starring in, is planned to happen as soon as he finishes work on his World War II pic “Inglorious Bastards”, which he apparently couldn’t find a role for JT in either. It’s in draft stage. And what’s the status of “Vega Brothers”? According to our scooper, it’s dead as a doornail – never to happen.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

anybody else kinda hope he doesnt do this?  i'd like to see him move beyond his "homage" pictures.  not that they aren't fucking fantastic or anything, but i dunno, i guess it's just a fear of mine that it's gonna get really old.  but then again, they haven't yet, so we'll see.  but an airplane disaster flick sounds kinda - i dunno...but that's also how i felt when i first heard about kill bill like 2 years ago.  i was like "they're in kung fu training?  what the fuck?", and now i fuckin love it, so i dunno.  im gonna stop rambling.

Weak2ndAct

Actually, I think the idea's kinda neat.  I would love to see T's take on disaster flicks.  Seeing the obvious-model-planes in Kill Bill are a step in the right direction.

ElPandaRoyal

I don't know if this has anything to do with Pam Grier beeing a stewardest (fuck it, I don't think I know how to spell that) but as soon as I read "airplane disaster film" I thought about Grier. I also think an airplane disaster flick sounds like a really lame idea, but if it's Tarantino behind it... it has to be great.
Si

Sleepless

The ultimate airline disaster movie? Hmm... 9/11 aside, the idea just doesn't really grab me. And the whole prequel/sequel to PF, or the *potential* prequel to KB... No thanks, not really.

I think some more orgininal stuff would be great. The thing about Quentin is that he has made gangster movies cool, heist movies cool, martial arts movies cool. I'd like to see his take on over genres (yeah, I know I'm contradicting myself since airline disater is another genre) - Ingolrious Bastards has been a long time coming, and I hope it gets off the ground soon. I mean, it's been how many years since Jackie Brown? Now QT is back, let's hope he stays here making us lots of new cool movies!

What sort of movies would you all like to see him tackle? I don't know why, but I think a Tarantino pychological thriller would be awesome!!!
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

ElPandaRoyal

Si

Gold Trumpet

I doubt the airline disaster movie rumor is true at all. It would be Tarantino going to back movie movie land and I remember hearing that Kill Bill would be his last hurrah in that realm. Also, the specifics seem too easy in logic to where it is more likely they were made up. All actors mentioned are former Tarantino employees (safe betting) and the casting of Travolta as the pilot, he himself a pilot as well. Naw, not buying this one at all.

Alethia

that was kinda my gut feeling too but, ahh u never know, he wrote a vampire movie too lol not that there's anything wrong with that but y'know....yea