Future Tarantino: Where it's never gonna happen, but we hope that it does(n't).

Started by jtm, January 20, 2003, 09:54:48 PM

modage

yeah this sounds bogus.  even if it were true, i doubt we'll ever see this movie.  and thats good, because although i dont doubt he would make it something worth watching, it sounds really lame.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

brockly

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI doubt the airline disaster movie rumor is true at all. It would be Tarantino going to back movie movie land and I remember hearing that Kill Bill would be his last hurrah in that realm. Also, the specifics seem too easy in logic to where it is more likely they were made up. All actors mentioned are former Tarantino employees (safe betting) and the casting of Travolta as the pilot, he himself a pilot as well. Naw, not buying this one at all.

It is true. Im not saying it'll definatly be made, but Tarantino HAS pitched the idea to Miramax with Travolta in mind. It's no rumor, it's a fact.

EDIT: And I do agree, it does sound kinda lame. Hope it doesn't happen.

brockly

In a very recent interview, only a couple of days ago, this is what Madson had to say:

QuoteHas there been Any news on the Vega Brothers Films?

Once upon a time there was going to be a "Vega Brothers" movie and then as time went by Quentin decided that it was impossible. John and I are like 10 years older and so we couldn't really make a prequel.

How could we make a story about two guys who before they are both killed were 10 years older.

So he told a big crowd of people in San Diego that there wasn't going to be a "Vega Brothers" movie, but then he went off to Mexico for a couple of days and he called me right when he came back from there to tell me that he had came up with an idea and a concept that would make the characters work and I can't tell you what it is but I can tell you that it is definitely back on his mind and I do think there is going to be a "Vega Brothers" movie.

I wonder what the idea is.... Maybe they'll use CGI?

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Brock LandersIn a very recent interview, only a couple of days ago, this is what Madson had to say:

QuoteHas there been Any news on the Vega Brothers Films?

Once upon a time there was going to be a "Vega Brothers" movie and then as time went by Quentin decided that it was impossible. John and I are like 10 years older and so we couldn't really make a prequel.

How could we make a story about two guys who before they are both killed were 10 years older.

So he told a big crowd of people in San Diego that there wasn't going to be a "Vega Brothers" movie, but then he went off to Mexico for a couple of days and he called me right when he came back from there to tell me that he had came up with an idea and a concept that would make the characters work and I can't tell you what it is but I can tell you that it is definitely back on his mind and I do think there is going to be a "Vega Brothers" movie.

I wonder what the idea is.... Maybe they'll use CGI?

Well..... I have to say I always liked the idea of a Vega Brothers movie, and I trust Quentin to come up with another great film, but hey, anything seems good after those news about those airline disaster movie rumours, right?
Si

modage

not sure if this has been posted already but, i read this in the Maxim Movie magazine or whatever its called the other day at a bookstore (i swear).  QT mentioned between Vol. 2 and Inglorious Bastards he would like to do something smaller in scale and mentioned possibly doing an italian influenced horror film.  sounds cool to me.  if he, spike jonze and another inventive filmmaker or two would take a stab at the genre we could have another horror renaissance on our hands.  we need one badly.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: themodernage02if he, spike jonze and another inventive filmmaker or two would take a stab at the genre we could have another horror renaissance on our hands.  we need one badly.

Make that other inventive filmmaker Peter Jackson and you've got a deal.  That and Fincher would be great for a balls-out horror flick.  It's definitely time for some good filmmakers to give the horror genre some long overdue credibility.  Enough remakes of horror classics already.

Bring back the vibe, not the plot.

modage

i think tim burton should make a straight horror movie.  you know he loves them.  and then if the 'next generation' can get a few good ones off the ground like possibly the richard kelly/eli roth one and a few others, we can get somethin' real good happening.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: themodernage02i think tim burton should make a straight horror movie.  you know he loves them.  and then if the 'next generation' can get a few good ones off the ground like possibly the richard kelly/eli roth one and a few others, we can get somethin' real good happening.

Most definitely.  Darren Aronofsky as well... unless you count Requiem for a Dream, which I think can qualify as a horror movie.

You know what?  Fuck it.  EVERY director in Hollywood worth a damn should make a horror movie.  With Return of the King primed to be the first straight-up fantasy film to win a Best Picture Oscar, it's time to move onto legitimizing the horror genre.  What was the last horror BP nominee? The Exorcist (as I count Silence of the Lambs as a psychological thriller and not supernatural horror)?

soixante

I would love to see QT write and direct a Western for Clint Eastwood to star in.  Westerns would be a perfect fit for QT, and Clint would be the perfect guy to deliver QT's smartass killer lines.

I also think QT should make a guerilla low-budget film about Haiti or Iraq, sort of like Black Hawk Down but in a cinema verite style.  There have been enough WWII movies -- why not do something about terrorism, Rwanda, Haita, the Middle East.  Do something political, like Godard did with Le Petit Soldat and Les Carabiniers.
Music is your best entertainment value.

Just Withnail

Quote from: soixanteI would love to see QT write and direct a Western for Clint Eastwood to star in.

Yeah, but I wouldn't know what to wipe up first, my cum or my drool.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Withnail
Quote from: soixanteI would love to see QT write and direct a Western for Clint Eastwood to star in.

Yeah, but I wouldn't know what to wipe up first, my cum or my drool.

The cum.  It's the polite thing to do.

Alethia

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: ewardthats pretty sick, chubs.

It's true, though.

Besides, Withnail was the one who asked. I was just offering advice.

Alethia

i know, I just like that line from happy gilmore.  and i think cum is disgusting.  seemed like a good time to use it.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: ewardi know, I just like that line from happy gilmore.  and i think cum is disgusting.  seemed like a good time to use it.

I can't believe I didn't realize that was from Happy Gilmore.  I must go and flog myself.

:shock:

And then clean it up before the saliva.

:lol:

See? It all "cum"s full circle.