Future Tarantino: Where it's never gonna happen, but we hope that it does(n't).

Started by jtm, January 20, 2003, 09:54:48 PM

jtm

I heard something about qt's next movie being a war drama starring Adam Sandler to be shot in France.  Anyone else heard that one?

MacGuffin

Article from 2000:

Those fearing for Quentin Tarantino's sanity may well be turning still more uneasy today. The Reservoir Dogs director is hard at work on a script which contains a tailor-made role for gurning American comic Adam Sandler.

Discussing the project at a Miramax Oscar party with a journalist from the Daily Mail, the Reservoir Dogs director described the film as a gung-ho second world war movie in the style of The Dirty Dozen. "I've got a bunch of guys fighting the Nazis, and there's a part for Adam Sandler, and I hope he'll be crazy enough to do it."

From AICN (note: project will be called "Glorious Bastards"):

For the truly cool that walk the Earth, this news will hit you like a pent up orgasm unleashed at super-speed! It looks like Quentin Tarantino is going to be bringing us Bo Svenson in INGLORIOUS BASTARDS... Apparently he's going to be playing a LEAD role, if not the lead role. Now, when I was hanging out in China on the set of KILL BILL, I asked Quentin where the script for INGLORIOUS BASTARDS was in terms of being ready to shoot. Quentin said it was 3/4ths finished. His plan is to finish KILL BILL, show it at Cannes, begin shooting INGLORIOUS BASTARDS that summer (2003), then do the press for the October Release of KILL BILL as he finds himself in Post-Production on INGLORIOUS BASTARDS. Now, we know he wants to cast Adam Sandler in the film... we also know he wants Michael Madsen. I suppose I also find myself wondering if he wants to go with Fred Williamson, since Fred and Bo starred in the original INGLORIOUS BASTARDS back in the seventies - which this isn't a remake of, he just likes the Title... at least that's my understanding. As for WHO IS BO SVENSON? Jesus... You've got to be kidding me. Bo Svenson is the man that took over the role of Buford Pusser and ran with it, becoming the definitive Buford Pusser in the last two WALKING TALL movies. He starred in the frickin' fantastic slasher film BUTCHER BAKER NIGHTMARE MAKER which I feel is the DEAD ALIVE of Eighties Slasher Films. He was amazing in THE GREAT WALDO PEPPER! Bo Svenson is a gigantic figure and to paraphrase the poster for THE FINAL CHAPTER - WALKING TALL --- there is a MAN! He'll be one tough hombre in a Tarantino war film, and I'd pay $8 repeatedly to see him backhand and pistol whip Adam Sandler in INGLORIOUS BASTARDS... I just hope that's in there somewhere!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

jtm

alright.....whenever i need info i'm just going to Mac.  he always seems to know what's going on. :)

soixante

I would love to see Quentin Tarantino work with Clint Eastwood.  And maybe Chuck Bronson too.
Music is your best entertainment value.

oakmanc234

The film is supposed to be titled 'Inglorious Bastards' and man, I can't wait for this movie. Mr. Blonde himself Michael Madsen and Bo Svenson have signed (so I hear) so it is gonna happen. Rob Lowe is rumoured to be next on the list. QT said Adam Sandler has a 'kickass' role in the script thats 'tailor made' for him. Sandler has said that he wants to continue challenging himself (in between comedies) with directors like Paul Thomas Anderson and James L. Brooks so I cant see him saying no to buddy QT.

A Quentin Tarantino war movie.
With Michael Madsen and Adam Sandler.
Pleeease god let it happen.....
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

pgr

Quote from: jtmalright.....whenever i need info i'm just going to Mac.  he always seems to know what's going on. :)

just visit upcomingmovies.com:

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808404205

Duck Sauce

Quote from: pgr
Quote from: jtmalright.....whenever i need info i'm just going to Mac.  he always seems to know what's going on. :)

just visit upcomingmovies.com:

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808404205

Nothing in the known world is more informative than Mac, suggesting another site is blasphemy

:wink:

MacGuffin

The Vega Brothers: Long ago it was thought the two brother characters who appeared in separate Tarantino flicks would come together in one movie - now could it be finally going ahead? An insider from Dark Horizons wrote: "I auditioned for a role and got chatting with the lovely casting director who indicated the "vega brothers" movie is going ahead. She says it will be huge because its a huge ensemble, and says it's going to have Travolta in it, Madsen, Samuel L. Jackson and all the Tarantino regulars - but a lot of roles available for young women, because it's set in bars and nightclubs, hence, strippers, barmaids, waitress roles will be available. Tarantino wants to do it later this year. I would so love to be a part of this but she said nearly every male role is a 'name'".
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

the vega brothers thing wont happen unless he hits a real bad streak and he wants to try and re live his 90's glory years

i can not see this film being good

but i can not wait for Bastards

Keener

Seb at Tarantino.info is quite positive that The Vega Bros. is just a rumor started by fans. I personally hope he's right and he's the most Tarantino educated guy I know but I did read a supposid Madsen interview that did mention it. Hmmm..
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

brockly

Quote from: KeenerSeb at Tarantino.info is quite positive that The Vega Bros. is just a rumor started by fans. I personally hope he's right and he's the most Tarantino educated guy I know but I did read a supposid Madsen interview that did mention it. Hmmm..

Yeah, this sounds right.
btw Great site. Thanks.

oakmanc234

I'm gotta say I'm getting annoyed waiting for work to start on 'Bastards'. I've been waiting for this flick for fuckin' AGES. Then I hear that Tarantino wants to (maybe) start work on 'The Vega Brothers' later this year: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't get how two people can sign on to a film (Madsen and Svenson) but nothing actually happen about the project itself.

Hopefully, Tarantino will be in 'direct a war movie' mode soon....
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

modage

Hollywood funnyman Adam Sandler has evaded the world's media by marrying his girlfriend Jackie Titone in a secret ceremony. The Anger Management star was expected to wed the pretty model later this summer, but they instead exchanged vows in a private but star-studded Malibu, California ceremony Sunday. Adam, 36, and Jackie, 28, walked down the aisle inside a huge marquee in the grounds of an oceanfront mansion while guests including Jack Nicholson, Winona Ryder, Sharon Osbourne, Dustin Hoffman and Quentin Tarantino looked on. The happy couple started dating in 1999 after meeting on the set of comedy film Big Daddy.

they must know each other pretty well, for him to be at sandlers wedding.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

jokerspath

Quote from: themodernage02"...guests including Jack Nicholson, Winona Ryder, Sharon Osbourne, Dustin Hoffman and Quentin Tarantino looked on."

I assume he recently screened Going Overboard and just had to meet the real Shecky Moskowitz...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Duck Sauce

Quote from: themodernage02

He was in Little Nicky.... how much though? I never saw it...

Anyways, hopefully this is good news for QTs next project