Spike Jonze (and now Megan Ellison)

Started by Teddy, May 23, 2003, 11:20:41 PM

Bethie

Quote from: LostEraserThis board kicks ass!

Just don't tell the folks about us  :twisted: !
who likes movies anyway

El Duderino

Quote from: LostEraserAnyone familiar with the playful, child like vibe he has in his music videos should agree.
especially in "Praise You"
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

LostEraser

Quote from: El Duderino
Quote from: LostEraserAnyone familiar with the playful, child like vibe he has in his music videos should agree.

Exactly. Probably my favorite music video of all time. But also in Weapon Of Choice, It's Oh So Quiet, and that Chemical Brothers one starring Sofia... Oh hell, all of them! lol! You really see how much of an auter he is in his music videos, whereas his two films are more Charlie's things. That's why it's going to be great to see what he does with Wild Things.
Capra tells us that, in effect, love's dreams are only dreams and that they will never quite bear translation into practical forms of relationship and expression. They will never be realized in the world but only in our consciousness and in our most daring and glorious works of art - but that, for Capra, is no reason to abandon love's dreams.
--Ray Carney, American Vision: The Films Of Frank Capra

El Duderino

Quote from: LostEraser
Quote from: El Duderino

Exactly. Probably my favorite music video of all time. But also in Weapon Of Choice, It's Oh So Quiet, and that Chemical Brothers one starring Sofia... Oh hell, all of them! lol! You really see how much of an auter he is in his music videos, whereas his two films are more Charlie's things. That's why it's going to be great to see what he does with Wild Things.

agreed.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

anyone knows where can i see the All About the Benjamins Rock Remix video he did ?   i wish there was a site like that michel gondry site that has all of his stuff .
context, context, context.

modage

Quote from: LostEraserlol! Adam Spiegal, Spike Jonze, and Richard Koufay are all the same person.
who is that person?  

you guessed it! FRANK STALLONE

apologies for the lateness of the joke and the norm macdonald reference.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Spike Jonze has launched a series of diary-style video interviews through online-broadcast network VBS.TV. The series will capture Jonze interviewing and traveling the world with various artists and entertainers, including the premiere guest, M.I.A. The set kicks off this week with a six-part episode that follows Jonze and M.I.A. around London and at the singer's various enclaves. An interview with Kanye West is scheduled to go live next week.

http://www.vbs.tv/player.php?bctid=1137833099
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

god, really who gives a shit about that when he and drew barrymore were seen on a romantic stroll together and dining at the ivy yesterday??

omgz!!!! discuss...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pubrick

either that's not him or it's old or the M.I.A. stuff is old OR it's all true and recent and he turned into jeff daniels overnight.

the clip revealed:

-spike got mugged/beat up in greenwich
-he doesn't know what ketamine is or was confused by her pronunciation.
under the paving stones.

Bethie

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/09/16/2009-09-16_michelle_williams_falling_in_love_with_spike_jonze_didnt_save_her_from_pain_of_l.html

Michelle Williams: Falling in love with Spike Jonze didn't save her from pain of losing Heath Ledger

Another source of strength – and love – came to the actress last year when she began dating director Spike Jonze, from whom she's now split.

"I thought falling in love again was the only thing that was going to save me from the pain," she says. "This erroneous idea: It just makes things more complicated."

Dating as a single mother didn't make things any easier, Williams added, admitting "I obviously don't know how to do it."

----
too bad. eh.
who likes movies anyway

cine

Champion Souza

DocSportello

Looks like our favorite financier, the lovely Ms. Megan Ellison, might be helping out with Spike's new film. Possibly staring fellow Master-ees Joaquin and Amy?

http://www.deadline.com/2012/02/samantha-morton-amy-adams-and-carey-mulligan-circle-spike-jonze-film/

Stefen

What does she look like?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

Quote from: DocSportello on February 07, 2012, 08:13:11 PM
Looks like our favorite financier, the lovely Ms. Megan Ellison, might be helping out with Spike's new film. Possibly staring fellow Master-ees Joaquin and Amy?

http://www.deadline.com/2012/02/samantha-morton-amy-adams-and-carey-mulligan-circle-spike-jonze-film/

Quote from: S.R. on February 07, 2012, 10:33:42 PM
What does she look like?

"Hi, Stefen... how would you like to take a ride in my private jet and discuss Charlie Kaufman over a bottle of Perrier-Jouet?"
My house, my rules, my coffee