WORST COVER ART

Started by modage, May 20, 2003, 12:50:29 AM

Stefen

Quote from: cronopio 2 on July 23, 2010, 09:20:19 AM
that's like a VHS cover of a 1995 movie. it's kind of nostalgic, in a way, of an age when people were less demanding about good graphic design and were okay with three human beings posing as robots in their movie posters. i can already see that font jittering with acid colors in the title cards.

haha, my exact thoughts.  :yabbse-thumbup:

it's like one of those vhs you would see at the dollar store while your babysitter is shopping for an ashtray.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ravi

Reel

gosh is that crowded. WTF am I supposed to look at?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I can only hope whoever made that cover was commissioned on a volunteer basis and wasn't paid for it.

That still doesn't forgive the issue of it being what is actually being used for the cover.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Reel

I just never want to see that movie now, and it could be really good!

Ravi

Old awesome Ten Commandments DVD cover:

New pukeworthy Ten Commandments Blu-Ray cover:

Ravi

They should call this film "What Happened to Our Faces?"

Ravi

They just rearranged the photos for the season 2 cover!

matt35mm

That's Juanita from Billy Madison! I LOVE HER.

72teeth

she is a fine piece of work... She's a fine piece of ass though too!
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

theyarelegion

what can you say when you come up against this dvd cover while looking for movies to buy download

squints

didn't know exactly where to put this:

"These movie posters were all created by artists in Ghana to promote traveling movie shows and sell tickets to bootleg screenings of various western and local movies. These posters range from quirky recreations of the original movies to WTF inducing paintings with imagery completely unrelated to the original content."

http://www.awesome-robo.com/2011/05/70-bootleg-movie-posters.html
- Like 80 more of them.

I imagine this is what Bruce Lee has been doing with his time since crazy-eyed Elvis. (where have the pictures gone! NO!!)
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Ravi

I guess that's supposed to be Kodak red and yellow, but its still ugly.

matt35mm

Well I'm glad that Sharon Knolle of AOL Moviefone loved it so much. Also, yes, that's ugly as fuck.