VS song

Started by amentia, May 09, 2003, 11:59:22 AM

amentia

Hey...i've been searching for a song that appears on vanilla sky...it's during the elevator scene when tom cruise is talking to the dream guy...it's a slow song...think some of the lyrics were "i will love you till the day i die" or somthing like that...anyone know who it is or what it's called...i've been searching forever for this friggin song...so any help would be great.

thanks

amentia

nevermind i'm a frickin idiot...i got it.

children with angels

It sounds like you're talking about 'Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in Space' by Spiritualized. (on the album of the same name)

Does it go, "All I want in life's a little bit of love to take the pain away"? If so that's it.

I've expressed my undying love for this song in another thread - it was the song I would listen to when doing that 'I'm-so-depressed-cos-no-one-loves-me' thing for three long years before the movie came out. I was just about escaping its powers, then Cameron put it in Vanilla Sky at that moment and it just fucking ruined my again. Goddamn him...

You're talking about the moment when Sophia comes to David's wake in his appartment, right? It kicks in when she looks at the broken guitar...?

If not, I've just expressed myself deeply for no apparent reason!
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Sleuth

I believe that's the only song in the elevator scene
I like to hug dogs

ProgWRX

yeah that must be it...

i honestly hadnt heard the song before VS, but somehow when that scene came in, the music was just jawdropping when playing alongside the scene, now that im familiar with the song, it moves me even more every time i see that part...
-Carlos

Sleuth

Hey you guys, let's start a Spiritualized thread on the music section! 8)
I like to hug dogs

ProgWRX

Well i havent heard any of their other songs  :oops:
-Carlos

Fernando

Quote from: ProgWRXWell i havent heard any of their other songs  :oops:

Do you know or any other guy here which is the song that was played in the VS official site?

Let me explain, it was played right after we entered the site, it's instrumental, right now they play P.Gabriel, but if you click on the little square that appears there (could be Cameron's eye, Cruz's lips), there it takes you to an 'official soundratck site coming soon', there's where it's been played now. I think that in the movie is played for a very short time when Tom is walking in his hall all depressed.

ProgWRX

which page? i dont see that part of the site if i go to www.vanillasky.com

but it sounds like youre talking about Sigur Ros...
-Carlos

Fernando

Quote from: ProgWRXwhich page? i dont see that part of the site if i go to www.vanillasky.com

but it sounds like youre talking about Sigur Ros...

http://www.vanillasky.com/flash_site/index.html

This link is takes you to the flash image of the hall way of the clinic, if you click there you see David's eye. Then it takes you into the site, there click on Music, then soundtrack and it will take you to the page I told you, there's where you see that little square that'll take you to the 'official soundratck site coming soon'. There is playing that tune.

I agree that it could be Sigur but want to know where I can find that particular song.

ProgWRX

the only music i hear in that section, besides Solsbury Hill, is the creepy music playing when david sees julie in bed in place of sofia and he proceeds to tie her up

:?
-Carlos

Fernando

Quote from: ProgWRXthe only music i hear in that section, besides Solsbury Hill, is the creepy music playing when david sees julie in bed in place of sofia and he proceeds to tie her up

:?

Indeed that's the little creepy instrumental music I'm talking about, it has to be, is it Sigur Ros?

Just checked the uncool site and couldn't figure out which one could be.

http://www.cameroncroweonline.com/films/vanillasky/soundtrack/main.htm

Thanks for your time.

ProgWRX

i believe its part of Nancy Wilson's original "score" (for lack of a better word)
-Carlos

Fernando

Quote from: ProgWRXi believe its part of Nancy Wilson's original "score" (for lack of a better word)

Well, so I assume is not available, damn!

Thanks anyway, now that we're talking about the music from VS, I love the soundtrack but lately I been feeling that some scenes could've worked better without music, right now I can't think of any but it felt like it was too saturated, one song after another without  any music pauses. What do you think?

ProgWRX

could be... although i cant think of any specific scene i would've preferred not have music...
-Carlos