jenkins

Hell Comes to Frogtown is the name of a movie and this is its trailer

trailer 1 is kind of aggressive

trailer 2 is less aggressive but its resolution is worse

a scene from the movie

it's a thing. here's a Mad Max/Frogtown trailer

fyi

jenkins

i'm kind of sick of movies explaining weird people. just make fucking weirder movies people

Jeremy Blackman

^ I one thousand percent agree. And I haven't been able to find enough weird movies this year.

jenkins

he should have his own thread but i don't really like starting threads

jenkins

it'll be a limited release and i hope i hear good things

starring Lola Kirke, Zoƫ Kravitz, John Cho
directed by Aaron Katz
playing the personal assistant to Zoe Kravitz as an impulsive Hollywood star, Lola Kirke becomes both suspect and investigator following a violent crime in Los Angeles-set neo-noir.

USA   30 March 2018

jenkins

currently on Netflix? i heard the director chatting with Elvis Mitchell.  the director is Amman Abbasi, he's listed as a previous assistant to David Gordon Green. for Dayveon he was director/cowriter/coproducer/composer. he's composed other music for other movies. other producers for Dayveon are, yes, David Gordon Green, and Jody Hill, Danny McBride, and more people i'm not familiar with.

what really grabbed me is Elvis asked Amman what movies influenced Dayveon, and Amman listed My Life As A Dog, Ratcatcher, and Il Posto. because i love those three movies i made this post.

WorldForgot

Currently working on making a daytime slasher shot on Super 8mm, and my production designer introduced me to this wonderful flick:

QuoteIt featured Gainesville, Florida punk bands such as Psychic Violents, Young Pioneers, Mutley Chix, Doldrums, Just Demigods, Cindy Brady's Lisp, Officer Friendly, and the Smegmas, as well as local speed metal band Hellwitch and avantgarde incidental music by The Bill Perry Orchestra. Director Charles Pinion went on to make several other underground movies (Red Spirit Lake, We Await and the 2014 3D feature American Mummy).

Twisted Issues was originally intended to be a punk rockumentary featuring Gainesville bands, but the inclusion of writers Steve Antczak and Hawk (James C. Bassett) to the mix added the horror, element to the story, featuring a so-called Death Skater who kills characters played by members of the aforementioned bands after they inadvertently kill him.

WorldForgot

WorldForgot

WorldForgot

WorldForgot

How much longer before A24's image eats itself alive?
Why does it feel like they took their "unconventional" feature film platform and turned it instead into Urban Outfitters?