Clear History

Started by MacGuffin, September 13, 2012, 06:05:57 PM

MacGuffin

Larry David Assembles All-Star Cast For HBO Movie: Jon Hamm, Kate Hudson, Danny McBride, Eva Mendes, Amy Ryan, Bill Hader
BY NELLIE ANDREEVA | Deadline

Larry David has finally lifted the veil of secrecy on his upcoming movie for HBO. It will be titled Clear History, and, along with the long-rumored Jon Hamm and Michael Keaton, its cast will feature a slew of other big names. Joining star David will be Bill Hader, Kate Hudson, Phillip Baker Hall, Danny McBride, Eva Mendes, Amy Ryan, Curb Your Enthusiasm standout JB Smoove as well as Hamm and Keaton.

Clear History, which David co-wrote with Alec Berg, David Mandel and Jeff Schaffer, centers on Nathan Flomm (David), a former marketing executive at a start-up electric car company who, after losing a fortune due to a petty argument with his boss (Hamm), is publicly humiliated for walking away from his 10% of a company now worth billions. Ten years later, his marriage over and reputation ruined, Nathan has changed his identity and lives a simple life on a small island off the coast of Massachusetts under the new name of Rolly DaVore. But when his former boss shows up to renovate his summer mansion, Nathan vows to seek revenge and drive his nemesis off the island.

Hader will play Rags, the friend and henchman of a local quarry owner who agrees to help Rolly settle an old debt. Hamm will play Will Haney, founder of the electric car company who has a contentious relationship with Flomm, his head of marketing. Hall will play McKenzie, the foreman of a local construction project who is duped into hiring Rolly and soon begins to regret it. Hudson will play Rhonda, the glamorous wife of Flomm's arch-rival, with whom Rolly strikes up a special friendship. Keaton will play Joe Stumpo, the erratic and eccentric operator of the island's quarry. McBride will play Frank, a local denizen and best friend to Rolly. Mendes will play Jennifer, a local resident who takes an off-handed suggestion from Rolly a bit too seriously, causing Rolly no end of trouble. Ryan will play Wendy, Rolly's the ex-girlfriend whom Rolly discovers has been hiding an explicit secret since before they dated. JB Smoove will play Jaspar, the ex-boyfriend of a local girl who blames Rolly for the demise of his relationship. The film is slated to shoot this fall in Massachusetts.

Greg Mottola is directing and will executive produce with Bradley Thomas, Berg, Mandel and Schaffer. Monica Levinson is a producer; Laura Streicher is associate producer.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

diggler

I'm convinced that Jon Hamm doesn't sleep.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Bethie

Quote from: ddiggler on September 14, 2012, 09:33:17 PM
I'm convinced that Jon Hamm doesn't sleep.

ohh, I can confirm...he doesn't.  :yabbse-wink:
who likes movies anyway

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

It looks very similar in concept to his other film, Sour Grrapes. That title would actually suit this better.

I wonder why he's obsessed with this theme of some schmuck losing out on millions.

As a millionaire I guess that's his biggest fear.
under the paving stones.

pete

o totally forgot that I'd seen this and it was very forgettable.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Reel

I want to share a funny anecdote...

...recently my friend who is internet-less wanted to download this movie on my laptop...

...and the only way I could let him....

.....was after I Cleared my History.......................

Jeremy Blackman

Should we re-enable downvoting?

Reel