modage

Best Film: A SERIOUS MAN

THE NOMINEES

District 9
Inglourious Basterds
A Serious Man
Up
Where the Wild Things Are
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

Last year was pretty awful I guess then.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

This was a really close race actually. The only film not anywhere close to winning? District 9.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

Quote from: modage on March 03, 2011, 01:08:39 PM
This was a really close race actually. The only film not anywhere close to winning? District 9.

I still believe this is only because everyone wanted to vote for a movie other than what won the previous year.

Stefen

Quote from: modage on March 03, 2011, 01:08:39 PM

That's VERY interesting considering how much everyone seemed to defend the District 9 win last year. It was a pretty cool sci-fi movie, but I just couldn't ever take it seriously as the best movie of the year.

This is my new favorite category. I think next year we should add some board specific categories like thread of the year, poster of the year and even throw in album of the year or something. Could make it more fun for our little community.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

It would at least raise interest. Thread of the year, i would campaign for that and dig shit up too

Pwaybloe

I wasn't able to vote, but I did nominate "A Serious Man".  I think it's an unappreciated movie by the Coens.  It's much better than NCFOM. 

And who the hell liked WTWTA and Inglorious Basterds?

matt35mm

This was my favorite movie of last year, so I'm happy with this.

ElPandaRoyal

It's a great movie, but Basterds is better.
Si

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

ElPandaRoyal

Just say it once again the other day, and all your claims that it's badly written (if I remember correctly) seem weirder and weirder to me.
Si

I Love a Magician

it would be interesting for for everyone who changed their vote from last year to explain why they did so