Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life

Started by filmcritic, July 24, 2003, 12:25:02 PM

filmcritic

Well, this will be out tomorrow. Will anyone be seeing it?
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

modage

is this the new one from "academy award winner Angelina Jolie"?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

filmcritic

Yeah, it's the sequel to the first Tom Raider.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

edison

Quote from: filmcriticYeah, it's the sequel to the first Tom Raider.

Tom Raider? must have missed it

filmcritic

The first one was stupid and goofy but also kind of fun.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

edison

filmcritic

No, I really did enjoy it. I felt the same way Roger Ebert did about it. It's stupid, implausible but entertaining.  :yabbse-thumbup:

I'm kind of looking forward to seeing the sequel.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

edison

Quote from: filmcriticI'm kind of looking forward to seeing the sequel.

:yabbse-rolleyes:

MacGuffin

Quote from: EEz28

Well, it certainly looks better than the first and it does have a better action director behind it (Jan De Bont). I just hope this one has a story.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

edison

Quote from: Ma©Guffin
Quote from: EEz28

it does have a better action director behind it (Jan De Bont).

Lets look at his last two films: The Haunting= SHIT; Speed 2: Cruise Control= SHIT

i think hes going for a 3-peat.

MacGuffin

Quote from: EEz28Lets look at his last two films: The Haunting= SHIT; Speed 2: Cruise Control= SHIT

i think hes going for a 3-peat.

"Haunting" was shit, but it wasn't action. "Speed 2" is not as bad as it's made out to be.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

filmcritic

No matter how bad it might be, it will probably be better than the Charlie's Angels sequel. :yabbse-thumbdown:
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

modage

SPEED TOO is worth watching, if only for one classic scene.  in order for us, the audience, to understand that willem dafoe is a bad guy, a crucial scene is inserted.  willem dafoe arrives in his room on the boat, and gets out a jar with leeches.  he then, starts putting them all over his body and going "ahh".  i havent seen this movie since the theatres when i was 15, but i still remember how hilarious this scene was. i dont remember ever figuring out what purpose it served, but it was a pretty great scene. the first one i loved however and watched many many times in the theatres and on video.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

filmcritic

I saw "Cradle of Life" and it was about the same as the first one but a little better.  :yabbse-thumbup:
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Ghostboy

I despised the first one, and so I'm having trouble mustering up the interest in seeing this one, even though I probably will.

Charlie's Angels 2 rocked, though.