IDENTITY

Started by Banky, April 28, 2003, 09:27:55 PM

Banky

I just saw Identity and it was really good.  I am gonna give it a four out of 5 rating.  This movie really delivered.  At times the plot seems like it has nowhere to go but with many twists it reighns as the best thriller to come out of Hollywood in recent memory.  More people repond as i want to get discussion going.  Watch what your sayin though because this movie would be easy to spoil.

Satcho9

This is Hollywood taking the Twist Ending and just pulling one out of its ass. Good preformances. Bad twists.

Ghostboy

I didn't like the twist either, but actually, it wasn't just out of nowhere. I respect the screenwriter for actually building up to it properly (unlike a lot of recent 'twist' movies).

I liked the rest of the movie well enough, though. It was fun.

RegularKarate

definately better than a lot of the crappy horror twisty flicks out lately...  Good bunch of actors... could have done without the very end (or the first minute that dropped the bomb that made me figure out the twist too soon, but I have that problem, I can't just watch)

polkablues

"Whores don't get second chances."

heheheh.....
My house, my rules, my coffee

ReelHotGames

Maybe I missed something, but what twist ending? The opening Alfred Molina dialogue tells you EXACLTY what's coming, they show a photo of our guy, talk about his "problem" (spoiler free as much as I can here), and that as a child he had a severe emotional crisis at the hands of his whore mother at a motel...............

Um... Twist? It was right there from the start, the enjoyment was watching it play out and seeing if the characters would be able to catch up.

And by the way, I really had a god time at the movies watching this. So, I'm not being a film snob of epic proportions, I LIKED THIS MOVIE!!!!

I just didn't see it as a "twist" sixth sense ending
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

RegularKarate

Well, you know what we're talking about... and that's why I didn't like the very begining... it gives too much away, so that you figure everything out before the "twist".  Besides... there were two "twists".

MacGuffin

Quote from: RegularKaratedefinately better than a lot of the crappy horror twisty flicks out lately...

Agreed. Definitely a tenser thriller than the others too. Throughly enjoyed it.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

Just wanted to say that I went and saw this movie with some friends, I had already seen it, and the script never missed a beat or cheated.  Very good and original movie.  Definantly the public should go see it.

Victor

SPOLERS AHOY

enjoyed it for the most part, cusack is the man, obviously. but i dont know, at times it felt like i was watching "the 3". and clea duvall's husband/jake busey/the washed up actress all suck, its no wonder they were killed first. i like amanda peet, but will she ever play anything other than a slut/mistress/whore/nude assassin?
are you gonna eat with us too?

Ravi

I liked the movie overall, but I still think...

Spoiler Ahead

l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
\/

...what Alfred Molina did in the end was kind of stupid.  It seemed cheap to have him do that.

cowboykurtis

i saw this film after hearing people giving it praise -- i really despised this movie -- i felt the beginning gave it away -- after you know the "twist" the whole movie is meaningless...

SPOILER

this movie is essentially session 9 in a hotel with a little pinched from memento.

END SPOILER

what a sack of shit... i want my fucking money back. kusak & liotta are the shit -- but what a horrid film.
...your excuses are your own...

abbey road

there was some really high points- i thought the whole idea was pretty good, the kind of thing ive never seen befoe- but they added so many twists that they couldn't keep up with all of them, and they ended up totally sef contradicting the story line like 8 times and just adding way to many plot holes to pull it off. and timmy, i mean come on, when ur watching it ur thinking "jeez its probubly gonna have to be a ghost or somthing to be able to kill all these people so easily", not a little fat kid, give me a break.

-chad
"we'll meet again in a life when we are both cats"
"you are what you love, not what loves you"
"I don't think your an asshole Royal, I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch"
"royal with cheese"
"i'm sure you have no idea what i'm talking about...but don't worry...you will someday"

dufresne

this movie was absolutely horrible, although i'm not pissed off that I paid good money for it.  i figure it was worth that much seeing Cusack and Liotta in very good performances.

however, the rest...blah.
There are shadows in life, baby.

my dead dog

Hey everyone,
I caught the film last night, thought it was a good laugh and quite nicely put together. Harfly a classic but good fun, especially with Liotta chewing the scenery.
Anyhow, what with all the discussion about how obvious most of the twists are, i was wondering how many of you caught the trailer before seeing the flick? It didn't so much let the cat out of the bag, rather it grabbed the feline and forcefully inserted it  down one's throat, much like a baseball bat.
Seriously though, how long can the studios carry on producing such ridiculous trailers? Presumeably as long as such behaviour is tolerated by the masses...
"Everything's happening so fast. It's all in such high gear that sometimes it doesn't feel like me"