Flight Of The Conchords

Started by modage, May 18, 2007, 01:25:03 PM

modage

Flight of the Conchords features New Zealand folk-comedy performance duo Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie, who move to New York's East Village to conquer America, one fan (literally) at a time. This is your exclusive look at the first episode before the first season debuts on June 17th at 10:30pm following "Entourage" – only on HBO.

You can watch the entire first episode online

this is also pretty funny.  the first episode seemed like a hybrid of Tenacious D and Stella (the shows, not the groups), but you know, not as good as either, but could still end up being pretty good.  i'm interested to see where it goes from here.  they also have been filming this all around my neighborhood.  anyone already familiar with this folk comedy duo?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

grand theft sparrow

Yeah, I saw their HBO stand-up special in the last couple of years which was funny enough for me to look up their website but not brilliant enough for me to rabidly search high and low for anything and everything related to them.

Anyone stateside not familiar with the act might remember the guy in the glasses from an Outback Steakhouse commercial from maybe a year ago, give or take.  Or you might not, as I only recognized the guy from the HBO special.

I hope this show is good enough to sign a petition to save it when HBO cancels it at the end of its run.

And the internet-wide "Tenacious D ripoff" fights can begin... now.

modage

this show got pretty great. 

Bret: Actually, I've written you a song, Coco
Coco: Really, you didn't need to do that
Bret: Well, Jemaine helped
Coco: That's so sweet.
Bret: It's called, "If You're Into It"
Coco: Okay

Bret: If you want me to, I could hang round with you, If I only knew, well that's what you're into.
Jermaine: You and him, him and you, if that's what, you're into, him hangin round, around you, you're hangin round, yeah you're there too.

Bret: And if you want me to, I will take off all my clothes for you, I'll take off all my clothes for you, if that's what you're into.
Jermaine: How bout him, in the nude, if that's what, you're into? In the nude in front of you. Is that what you'd wanna do?

Bret: If it's cool with you, I'll let you get naked too, it could be a dream come true, providing that's what you are into.
Jermaine: Is that what you're into? Him and you in the nude? That's what he's prepared to do. Is that the kinda thing that you think you might be into?

Bret: And then maybe later, we'll get hot by the refridgerator! In the kitchen next to the pantry, you think that might be what you fancy?
Jermaine: In the buff, bein rude, doin stuff, with the food, gettin lewd, with his food, we heard that's what you are into.

Bret: And then on our next date, well you could bring your roomate. I don't know if Stu is keen to, but if you want, we could doubleteam you!
Jermaine: How bout you, and two dudes, him, you and stu, in the nude, bein lewd with two dudes with food, well that's if Stu's into it too

Bret: All the things I'd do, thing's I'd do for you, if I only knew, that's what you're into.
Bret & Jermaine: tooo

Coco: Thank you, that was great.

download the 4th (and best) episode on itunes FREE
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

picolas

that's a great song but i like this version (from the bbc radio show) better:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8lzi9dz5cxy

Kal

Just started watching this and its very funny... I thought I wasnt going to like it. I need to watch a few more eps though...

Sigur Rós

Quote from: kal on July 31, 2007, 06:54:19 PM
Just started watching this and its very funny... I thought I wasnt going to like it. I need to watch a few more eps though...

Just started watching it too. Seen the first to episodes....the second episode is hilarious. I'm definately recommending this series to all friends.

Chest Rockwell

I heard most of their songs in stand-up before the show started, and so it was a little weird transitioning to the produced versions. After catching up on all the episodes thus far, I've decides this show is damn funny. When the songs are written into the show (or maybe I just haven't them?) such as "If you're into it," "Bret, you got it going on," "Foux la fa fa," "Leggy Blonde" the results are gold. At the moment my favorite episode is probably episode 7, the one with the racist fruit stand guy and Murray's crush on tech support girl. Episode 4 was also great, and in general the show's only getting better.

JG

modage

yay!  John from Cincinatti cancelled and Flight of the Conchords renewed for a 2nd Season. maybe somebody at HBO does know what they're doing.

Gamblour.

www.allfotc.com

Free streaming episodes, all of 'em.

I'm gonna be Jemaine for Halloween.
WWPTAD?

Sigur Rós

Am I freaking you out Bret? Is this a freaky dream?

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

squints

Quote from: Gamblour. on August 17, 2007, 08:03:40 PM
www.allfotc.com

Free streaming episodes, all of 'em.

I'm gonna be Jemaine for Halloween.

It is no more!
I didn't even get to finish the season.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Sigur Rós

episode 11 was awesome. I'm so amazed that they keep up the high standard. Does anyone know a new place where the episodes are streamed?

Chest Rockwell

It also seems to have disappeared from http:www.tv-links.co.uk. My guess is HBO was allowing it to happen to build word of mouth on the internet and, now that the show has found an audience, is no longer putting up with it.